Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] BHA supporter club?

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
To be honest, after the mental email to Barber thread - I wrote off [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] as being a bit of a parody of reality along the [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] lines.

But he's not - he's just a bloke. His user title is Sensible Madman, I think that's wonderfully apt. There's definitely an element of people judging his posts by his username now, rather than their genuine merits. To a certain extent that's because he is responsible for some of the strangest postings I can think of on this forum (which REALLY is saying something!) and I don't neccessarily want to meet up with other Brighton fans for a song and an orgy in a basement, but his general idea of bringing people together over a common interest isn't without merit.

I wonder how many people go to the games alone, as I did for 20 years? How many would genuinely benefit from the type of organisation he's suggesting? It's not a bad idea, it's just coming from a source that people have decided they're not interested in hearing from. A broken clock is right twice a day and if you have enough ideas you're eventually going to stumble upon a good one. Don't write off the guy just because of previous bizarre suggestions/behaviour.

Finally - everyone on this forum has one thing in common, we feel a compelling need to post on an internet forum. Whether that's to get our opinions expressed and heard, for a bit of virtual company or anything else - be nice to each other. We recently lost one of the absolute pillars of this forum and there were plenty of people expressing regret at how they'd treated him while he was posting. Be nice to each other, whether you agree or not - we're all people.

That's me told off punish:

You have a point, but he is a bit of a Toby...

Like me I guess.... :thumbsup:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So a guy comes on here and suggests some decent ideas for improving the atmosphere and people jump on him, with some pretty horrible stuff. No doubt the guy has thick enough skin but a bunch of you guys are embarrassing to the club. Fans united? Seems a lot of you have forgotten it was that spirit which saved the club, although seemingly that’s gone now

It seems the fans who actually saved the club and got Falmer secured through the planning process are now the ones who are wrong. You are in Sweden so you can meet up with him, instead of him pontificating from a keyboard.
He supported Swansea last year, so what does he know about us?

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Admire the perseverance but certainly a few sandwiches short of a picnic.

Never had anyone on ignore previously but the constant thread starting and inevitable reaction is getting tedious. I'm approaching middle aged, have followed the club for decades and whilst completely open to suggestions on improving atmosphere I'm constantly astounded that you think you are entitled to a platform to make these suggestions.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
To be honest, after the mental email to Barber thread - I wrote off [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] as being a bit of a parody of reality along the [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION] lines.

But he's not - he's just a bloke. His user title is Sensible Madman, I think that's wonderfully apt. There's definitely an element of people judging his posts by his username now, rather than their genuine merits. To a certain extent that's because he is responsible for some of the strangest postings I can think of on this forum (which REALLY is saying something!) and I don't neccessarily want to meet up with other Brighton fans for a song and an orgy in a basement, but his general idea of bringing people together over a common interest isn't without merit.

I wonder how many people go to the games alone, as I did for 20 years? How many would genuinely benefit from the type of organisation he's suggesting? It's not a bad idea, it's just coming from a source that people have decided they're not interested in hearing from. A broken clock is right twice a day and if you have enough ideas you're eventually going to stumble upon a good one. Don't write off the guy just because of previous bizarre suggestions/behaviour.

Finally - everyone on this forum has one thing in common, we feel a compelling need to post on an internet forum. Whether that's to get our opinions expressed and heard, for a bit of virtual company or anything else - be nice to each other. We recently lost one of the absolute pillars of this forum and there were plenty of people expressing regret at how they'd treated him while he was posting. Be nice to each other, whether you agree or not - we're all people.

I totally agree with you and I said as much in one of my responses

However, his OP covered many a suggestion. He was the one who incorporated all of them in the one post and as such he was the one who opened all of them up for discussion in the same post and as such people have given their thoughts on ALL of them.

Maybe a wise move would have been to keep some of the topics slightly separate.

I also agree with you on the way you used the analogy of BG - I hated it when people rounded on him like jackals sometimes. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and if you put some controversial ones out there then you are going to get some people contesting them.

I didn't like the language some people used in their contrast to Swansman's ideas. Like BG he is entitled to them and some of his ideas are good and some of them are '' off the wall '' but they are his ideas and I for one respect and agree with some but disagree with others.

To a certain extent [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is getting similar un warranted abuse for daring to have a differing opinion but he too is entitled to his opinions. I don't agree with some of his either but he has a point in some instances too.

I hate to see someone being pilloried for their beliefs - So long as your beliefs don't physically or emotionally harm others then they are fine in my book. I don't want to see anyone attacked the way that BG was so it is not the contestation of his ideas that I disagree with but more the language used to contest them.

Perhaps we should all be nicer in the way that we challenge people we disagree with. I tend to try and do it humorously but not everyone is the same.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
He would do well to read, learn and take more in, rather than starting threads constantly.

No need for nastiness towards the chap, but please stop making threads like this Swansman.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
It seems the fans who actually saved the club and got Falmer secured through the planning process are now the ones who are wrong. You are in Sweden so you can meet up with him, instead of him pontificating from a keyboard.
He supported Swansea last year, so what does he know about us?

When did I say they were wrong? I said that is the spirit that saved the club: community and fan driven initiatives (similar to what he was advocating). It seems to be very much missing at the moment, the lack of atmosphere at the Amex, and the atmosphere on here at times, including this thread, being testament to that

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
When did I say they were wrong? I said that is the spirit that saved the club: community and fan driven initiatives (similar to what he was advocating). It seems to be very much missing at the moment, the lack of atmosphere at the Amex, and the atmosphere on here at times, including this thread, being testament to that

You didn't say they were wrong but it has been implied in this thread.

People don't need to fight for the club any more and we have the success that we wanted. The atmosphere was great three years ago when we were fighting for promotion, but as always the destination isn't as good as the journey.
Yes, we are relaxed and complacent, but someone who has never been to the Amex, hardly knew we existed a year ago, isn't going to be the answer to improving our atmosphere.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
You didn't say they were wrong but it has been implied in this thread.

People don't need to fight for the club any more and we have the success that we wanted. The atmosphere was great three years ago when we were fighting for promotion, but as always the destination isn't as good as the journey.
Yes, we are relaxed and complacent, but someone who has never been to the Amex, hardly knew we existed a year ago, isn't going to be the answer to improving our atmosphere.

And that’s all a good enough reason to be a d**k to him over a message board? (not you personally but certainly a few on here). Part of the success is attracting new fans, from all over the world, to me that is only a good thing. Unfortunately there are some who think only sitting through the rain at Gillingham and Withdean qualifies people for an opinion. At the end of the day, if you don’t want to be part of a fan club, don’t join it, but don’t knock someone for trying to support the club

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
And that’s all a good enough reason to be a d**k to him over a message board? (not you personally but certainly a few on here). Part of the success is attracting new fans, from all over the world, to me that is only a good thing. Unfortunately there are some who think only sitting through the rain at Gillingham and Withdean qualifies people for an opinion. At the end of the day, if you don’t want to be part of a fan club, don’t join it, but don’t knock someone for trying to support the club

The same people have a dig at the Supporters Club and the vice chairman of it quite frequently. That is NSC. It is a mixture of people who will never agree about anything, let alone everything.
Posters do get insulted on here. That's up the moderators. Report what you don't like reading.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I must be having a different match day experience to you. Sure, there is plenty of whining on NSC about atmosphere but the reality in the ground is the same as ever. Lots of groups of families and friends enjoying each other’s company at the football. It’s a little weird to be told by someone who doesn’t support the club that we are doing it all wrong. If GP leaves then this guy will leave with him and arrive on a fan message board to tell Spurs or Rochdale fans (depending on how it all works out) that they too just can’t see the truth. I am sure they will react the same.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
:lolol: :ohmy:

I might just try the singing, if that's okay with everyone?

By the time I've climbed the stairs to my seat I'm normally knackered anyway, going to the basement to make a flag and have a bit of how's ya Father may be a step too far I fear?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Reminds me of that great piece of social media last year of the "ultra's" with a Muller yoghurt and some pyro

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To a certain extent [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] is getting similar un warranted abuse for daring to have a differing opinion but he too is entitled to his opinions. I don't agree with some of his either but he has a point in some instances too.

I hate to see someone being pilloried for their beliefs - So long as your beliefs don't physically or emotionally harm others then they are fine in my book. I don't want to see anyone attacked the way that BG was so it is not the contestation of his ideas that I disagree with but more the language used to contest them.

Perhaps we should all be nicer in the way that we challenge people we disagree with. I tend to try and do it humorously but not everyone is the same.
That cuts both ways though.

Seeking unwarranted abuse is and has been very much the intention of many a poster over the years.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

Sitting in the rain at Withdean or trekking to Kent doesn't mean you are the only ones entitled to an opinion.

HOWEVER... Those two actions and many others are an integral aspect of the unique history of this club. From being one game from oblivion, homeless & (nearly) hopeless, we have, because of a number of individuals, a (mostly) supportive city, a certain politician, a local businessman and many others, made it to the other end of the football world. It has been long war and many of the fans (especially here on NSC) bear some very deep scars from the battles fought.

Coming on here, ignoring or ignorant of the history is just crass. Never stepping into the Amex and slagging off the atmosphere and those of us who sing our hearts out whatever the result is just plain rude.

Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you pass judgement on him.

Fans from home and abroad, young and old, rich or poor are all welcome at one of the most accepting and inviting clubs anywhere in the world. But before telling us how to fix all the things about our club, learn what the club is, who the fans are, what makes the city unique and why trekking to Kent or sitting on scaffolding seats in the rain is so so f**king important to so many people here.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I can sew, so if you need a hand making a gigantic pair of pants to hang from the top tier of the West stand, let me know, glad to help.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sitting in the rain at Withdean or trekking to Kent doesn't mean you are the only ones entitled to an opinion.

HOWEVER... Those two actions and many others are an integral aspect of the unique history of this club. From being one game from oblivion, homeless & (nearly) hopeless, we have, because of a number of individuals, a (mostly) supportive city, a certain politician, a local businessman and many others, made it to the other end of the football world. It has been long war and many of the fans (especially here on NSC) bear some very deep scars from the battles fought.

Coming on here, ignoring or ignorant of the history is just crass. Never stepping into the Amex and slagging off the atmosphere and those of us who sing our hearts out whatever the result is just plain rude.

Walk a mile in a man's shoes before you pass judgement on him.

Fans from home and abroad, young and old, rich or poor are all welcome at one of the most accepting and inviting clubs anywhere in the world. But before telling us how to fix all the things about our club, learn what the club is, who the fans are, what makes the city unique and why trekking to Kent or sitting on scaffolding seats in the rain is so so f**king important to so many people here.

100% this.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
People on here know that I am friends with CH and support him 100% - I would be willing to bet that GP won't last as long at Brighton as Chris did.

When CH followed Paul Lambert into Norwich he was on a hiding to nothing because Lambert had taken them up two divisions and kept them in the PL.

By that time fans expectations were too high.

Sadly for GP . He has followed CH. The next rung of the ladder for Brighton is so difficult to reach. He won't achieve it I don't think. Yes play the players Dan Ashworth tells you to play. And play the type of football Dan Ashworth brought you in to play. But will it achieve what fans now want. I don't think it will. Look at what Man United did to Man City today And Brighton don't have half the talent that Man City have - So GP will be expendable because he is the one who will be held accountable for the Actons of DA and he won't last 5 years
I love CH and supported him up to and beyond his last minutes at the Albion.

But, GP has TRANSFORMED the Albion in about 9 months of working with the players. We Albion fans have seen some of the best football that we have ever seen in 40 or 50+ years supporting the club. We have watched our defenders and midfield play lovely attacking football and create more chances per game than ever before in a top flight season. With minor variations in match outcomes, deserved on performance, we would be with the teams in the slices above us and very happy. With Sheff Utd’s or Burnley’s forwards we’d be comfortably top 10 and pushing 6th or 7th this season (Tottenham, Arsenal and Everton being below par...). That was never true during CH’s tenure.

I hope GP is with us for a long time to come and we can hang on to him when his stock rises again.

I’m also backing Dan Ashworth. I’d be very interested in an analysis of the value of all the players we now own, and their costs, compared with all other clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here