Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA striker who's good in air and on ground, shoots with either foot, good 1st touch.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Quote from Frederico Turienzo quote in yesterday's programme -

"I am very good in the air. Even though I am tall, I play well with my feet. I can shoot with both my left and right foot and have a good first touch."

I have seen this man play only briefly against Reading and Luton.

My question is (assuming he's not still injured from December), "Can he be so bad as to have been moved down the pecking order still further yesterday?"

Is the jury not still out on this one? I've never seen him doing anything marvellous, but at the same time have not witnessed a level of ineptness consistently demonstrated by McGammon, who has been given an abundance of chances.

Am I missing something fundamental here (I have heard about the Brady connection, the Lewes game, etc), or could we be missing a trick, by not giving him a run in the team? I just find it so hard to believe that there can be that much daylight in selection terms between Turienzo and the forwards that we in desparation repeatedly re-cycle, with such limited return.

For the avoidance of doubt these are: Carole, Hart, Gatting, CKR, Robinson, McPhee, McGammon.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He an't good in the air

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
To be fair he has been injured alot and hasn't had much of a chance. Remember people jumping on Butters' back? Selling him on auction sites etc? I'll wait and give him a real chance before criticise.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
He was good in the air when he flew here from Argentina, didn't cause the stewards any problems whatsoever, ate his in flight meals like a good little boy and didn't pee himself when they let him into the cockpit.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
The only time I saw him play was against Reading at the start of the season and I thought he looked OK. He even had a shoot at goal which is alwas a bonus for us these days! The blatent foreign style dive spoilt his debut though. Maybe he could be our saviour this season? Then again maybe not.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Estoy muy bueno en el aire. Aunque estoy alto, juego a bien con mis pies. Puedo disparar con ambos mi izquierdo y pie del derecho y tiene un bueno primeros toca

DESESPERACION

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i think people have slagged him too much, he needs time to settle etc....

its ok this lot on here have to have a player to slag, it will change soon

I'd so love it if last game of season, we need 3 points to stay up, 0-0, 90th minute, El Turi steps up and powers home a 25 yard volley to keep us, but who can see that happening :lolol:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Springal said:
i think people have slagged him too much, he needs time to settle etc....

its ok this lot on here have to have a player to slag, it will change soon

I'd so love it if last game of season, we need 3 points to stay up, 0-0, 90th minute, El Turi steps up and powers home a 25 yard volley to keep us, but who can see that happening :lolol:

Would it take a deflection of a flying pig?

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Biscuit said:
To be fair he has been injured alot and hasn't had much of a chance. Remember people jumping on Butters' back? Selling him on auction sites etc? I'll wait and give him a real chance before criticise.

The diving could be coached out.
There's a natural opening for Turienzo in the sqaud with Hammond out and possibly Carole as well.
The Butters analogy is a good one (I saw him at Portsmouth).
Shoot me down, but I'd rather know if the Argie's up to the job than be left wondering.

I've been advocating we sign a striker for a good while, so now I'm onto plan B - finding a winning combo from what we've got. Put my curiosity down to scraping the barrell or clutching at straws, no one's actually provided any indication as to whether Federico's in the pack of strikers we have already or (due perhaps to a clever marketing ploy) so far behind as to be not worthy of consideration.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
He didnt loose a header at Luton - infact he won everything he went for. He also won us our only free kicks in dangerous areas in that whole match.

Bromley shrimp

Aug 24, 2003
Beckenham, Kent
Father Jack said:
He didnt loose a header at Luton - infact he won everything he went for. He also won us our only free kicks in dangerous areas in that whole match.

Pretty much how I saw it. He also got a terrific reception from the Albion behind the goal as walked back to the tunnel, which tells you something.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Biscuit said:

You make a FANTASTIC point there Biscuit. Have we learned nothing from Guy Butters? We simply cannot judge a player when he's not fully fit ...... ironically, that was similiar point McCammon was trying to make about his performances this season.

But you are right Biscuit, the jury must remain out until we see him fit, and getting a run in the side.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Seen Turi against Reading, luton and Crewe and he caused problems in all these games but seemed to lack a decent first touch. Great shot against Reading.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here