Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA Stats Site?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Does anyone have the details of a comprehensive Brighton and Hove Albion stats site? I keep having to search and never find the one I want. Did Tim Carder close his down?

For example, results and goal scorers for all matches in 1983.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I think it was The Great Cornholio (?) who did that very useful site. i often used it to bolster my fading memory.

I believe somebody on NSC abused the site (don't know how) and it's now gone. Real shame as must have taken ages to complie.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It was mooted that we (NSC) could compile the results/scorers etc. from books and programmes, but I think that idea has been shelved temporarily.

To repeat, I am happy to chip in with a couple of decades if my assistance is required.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I think it was The Great Cornholio (?) who did that very useful site. i often used it to bolster my fading memory.

I believe somebody on NSC abused the site (don't know how) and it's now gone. Real shame as must have taken ages to complie.

this post may answer your question
http://www.northstandchat.biz/showpost.php?p=2515052&postcount=35

Not that anyone cares but can I just clarify this. I now limit my posts to threads where I can offer advice such as PC related which won't turn into a 'binfest'. The thought of being driven away from anything by a moronic kid is laughable. He was, however, one of the reasons I gave up Albion Archives because I have my own views on copyright (which have been discussed ad nauseum many times before) and was not willing to have work I was responsible spread around without being under my control should copyright become an issue. The reason I have cut down posting on all messageboards, not just here, is that there appears to be a trend across the net of which NSC is an extreme example. I have just been looking at a Luton board to find out reaction to a friend's son's trial and found extreme expletives in message thread titles, homophobic abuse and general very over the top abuse and threats as well as the oh so funny wind up threads a la WW, Trigger, Ernest etc. It is the same on other boards I look at.

I'm guessing that this may apply to others who post less or not at all here - I don't believe that Yorkie even posts at Brightonfans now. Yes, she may have come across as patronising. Yes, LI comes across as always right. And yes, I probably come across as sanctamonious at times as was certainly hypocritical with some of my posts made in the heat of the moment on BF. But the fact that such posts bring out a whole raft of abuse - much more than for people making abusive/racist/homophobic/threatening - I think is very telling. Adrie gets far more abuse and less supporters than (fake or real) racists and people who have the sole intention of abusing peple. The sheer number of people who come to Brightonfans when NSC was down with the sole objective of getting banned/upsetting Yorkie/LI was also very telling.

Whether or not people who have left are 'quality posters' or not is irrelevant. I'm guessing that, like me, they really can't be bothered. I know for a fact that I have never posted anything on any messageboard that I would not say in real life. Unless this is a board of complete psychos, I'm guessing large numbers of people couldn't say the same thing. That makes it not for me. I would guess that applies to others as well although I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else. As I have for the past couple of years, I will continue to look on here as a guest (although far less often than I used to) and contribute where I feel I can be useful on the technical front. But I won't be taking part in any of the other threads that are likely to descend into 'binfests'.

I'm sure nobody cares if I, LI, Yorkie or whoever nevers posts anywhere again. But it seems to me that NSC is at a crossroads and it will be interesting to see the route it goes down. It seems as if the majority are happy with the current situation - it certainly seems to reflect other messageboards. To me it is a shame that what was once seen as a very powerful force in the club with initiatives such as Fans United/REMF etc has seemingly generated into somewhere where 16-25 year olds use it as their own personal social networking site (Acting as a clique, funnily enough) and people of all ages use it for 'hilarious' windups based on racism/stalking or the side splittingly funny one joke merchants such as HB&B. There are still some good threads/news scoops but trawling through the baiting/abuse/wind ups is tedious to say the least. I'm guessing it will stay as more of the same as the only way to crack down will be mass sanitisation which takes away what the board was about. If there were one or two people causing threads to degenerate it would be an easy fix. But the number is much higher.

Right, I will melt back into the guest shadows now. Hopefully I have provided some soundbites for Simster or one of the other two stooges to use in their signatures! :lolol: All this drivel just because I didn't want people to think that I had been driven away by Adrie! :jester:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I know some really good software that protects copy from the cut and paste brigade. If anyone has this data I'd be happy to slap it on a site somewhere (I have quite a few!!).

If anyone has this info - and I am generally looking up scores and scorers - then PM me and let's talk. If it's more complex than that then maybe we can find another way around it. I believe Brighton fans and NSC users would find this kind of stuff useful and informative.

In the fisrt instance if anyone has the scores and scorers for Brighton games (in any quantity) PM me and let's see what we can do.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Soccerbase is quite comprehensive. This link takes you to BHA data:

http://www.soccerbase.com/teams2.sd?teamid=381

Good for results, goals scrored, league tables, from way back to very nearly up-to-date info (some more up-to-date than the club site - you get to see the directors names, and they realise that McGhee is no longer manager!). Doesn't seem to show scorers ...

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
I know some really good software that protects copy from the cut and paste brigade. If anyone has this data I'd be happy to slap it on a site somewhere (I have quite a few!!).

In theory couldn't someone just take a screenshot of the page and just cut out the picture in question using Paint or something? Then no amount of right mouse button disabling would work?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
In theory couldn't someone just take a screenshot of the page and just cut out the picture in question using Paint or something? Then no amount of right mouse button disabling would work?

Why bother when things like page sucker will suck down the entire content of a website small ones in seconds big ones in minutes or going file save as will save any picture/ text movie etc in any webpage.

Even streamed media is not safe with things like Stream Down which will save streamed media.

There are very few ways to protect a website, using flash is one of them but for me flash makes a website very unappealing and not that user friendly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here