Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BHA/Crawley/Eastbourne crowds last night

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The Eastbourne Borough attendance is what sticks out , with relegation beckoning their support is going the same way as Lewes's.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I don't think for a minute the rise of Crawley will have a long term effect on Albion attendances. Had Crawley been in this position several years ago when we were floundering on the pitch & Falmer was still a distant pipedream, then there may have been cause for concern. Given the size of the place & the success they are enjoying, I'm surprised Crawley aren't getting bigger gates despite the fact, many of the residents are Supporters of London teams. Personally, if I had my way, I'd shift the Sussex - Surrey boundary to Pease Pottage anyway.

Yes, we're top of the League & 6000 plus isn't brilliant, however:

1- The Withdean factor still exists & many people hate the whole experience so much, they won't go near the place no matter how well the Albion are playing. *Some* so called superfans may sniff at that, but thats the way it is.

2- The economic times we live in. Despite being top of the League, £24 to sit on top of pile of mechano is still a lot of dosh to many people. People are being screwed economically & are counting the pennies. Colchester on a damp night in January isn't a big draw to the more casual supporter who picks & chooses games due to finances.

Re Eastbourne's Attendance. Poor turnout for sure, but they were playing a team who I doubt would have bought any more than a handful of supporters. The financial factors mentioned above would probably have a bearing on the attendance too. On the field, they appear to be on a downward spiral & this will affect the attendances of any team that is is poor form. They made it to the Conference on merit & sound housekeeping (unlike Lewes). Whilst I have no affiliation to them whatsoever, I hope they survive.

Phil B

Jul 27, 2004
Ifield, Crawley
From Crawleys view, Luton are the main threat now.
But Wrexham have slowly picked up ground and Crawley play them Home and Away in the space of 4 days soon.
Those games could change things rapidly...

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
All the time Crawley are doing well the gates will continue to increase, average up about 1200 on last year and rising all the time. Just to clear something up , there was no 500 free kids last night, all paying people. There is a real good feel factor about Crawley Football and its good for the town and I hope to see that crowd get above 3k for the season run in when i hope they get promoted. I was at the wet withdean last night watching the mighty seagulls, but if Brighton had not been playing last night I would have gone to watch crawley play. They actually play some very decent football and have some quality players that would not go a miss in League 1 and will beat Torquay this Saturday (away form is excellent) and be in round 5 of the FA Cup!!!

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I think the crowd at Withdean is affected by;

Mid week bad weather - if it rains or look like rain puts some off
Mid week - the family stand appers to have a majority of adults for these games, loads of kids not allowed out on a school night
Away fans - example last night where Colchester brought 200 perhaps
Mid week - working folk, stuck late, doing shifts and too far/complex to travel in time

Wonder how the above will be affected by Falmer

I think the crowd at Withdean is affected by;

Mid week bad weather - if it rains or look like rain puts some off
Mid week - the family stand appers to have a majority of adults for these games, loads of kids not allowed out on a school night
Away fans - example last night where Colchester brought 200 perhaps
Mid week - working folk, stuck late, doing shifts and too far/complex to travel in time

Wonder how the above will be affected by Falmer

Other than a roof over our heads during the game at Falmer the same factors will apply.
Indeed with some 10,000 people waiting for trains at Falmer, if it is raining, dark & cold, how long will folk wait for public transport in the elements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here