Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bexhill United v BHA XI Tonight.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Bexhill United V Brighton and Hove Albion

Been confirmed by the club Secretary as "definitely on no matter what". According to the local weather report, the winds are set to ease by tonight.

For anyone coming by train, if it stops at Collington, it’s around five minutes’ walk to 'The Polegrove'. From Bexhill the ground is maybe 10 to 15 minutes walk.

Exit the south side of Collington, turn left, first right & you're there.

Walking from Bexhill: Turn right outside the entrance, sharp right again along Endwell Road that’s parallel to the tracks then follow your nose west, heading along Western Road, Wickham Avenue & turning left into Brockley Road.

I'm way too helpful really...........

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
No booing! Gus doesn't like it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We'll lose :angry:

Yep, 6-2 :lolol:

There were some rather large individuals playing for Brighton though.

Could only get there for the second half, just in time to see Gus come off :facepalm: and got soaked.

Had my HB&B moment though, I shook Gus' hand in the bar and said thank you for the season.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
Yep, 6-2 :lolol:

There were some rather large individuals playing for Brighton though.

Could only get there for the second half, just in time to see Gus come off :facepalm: and got soaked.

Had my HB&B moment though, I shook Gus' hand in the bar and said thank you for the season.

For the SECOND time in a WEEK, I've watched Brighton conceed SIX goals.:angry:

Its a DISGRACE! Poyet OUT! :angry::angry::angry: :moo:

The Albion team at the start included Josh Pelling in goal plus Paul Watson, Chippy, Charlie Oatway, Tank, Bob Booker, OGH, Dodge, Tano & Gus.

1-0 down at half time soon turned into 2 at the start of the second. Gus showed he hadn't lost his touch by scoring with a sweet touch that gave the keeper no chance to make it 2-1. After that the floodgates opened with many of the elderly legs giving way in a game of rolling subs to....names I'd never heard of. ???

At one stage near the end, we were treated to the interesting central defensive pairing of Gary Hart & Dean White?! ???

Albion grabbed a consolation near the end. No idea who scored as I was in the bar.

Considering the foul weather & Chelsea on the TV, it was a great turnout. At a guess, a few hundred maybe? Had the weather been better, I'm sure there would have been more. Gus was in the bar after he came off doing pictures & autographs for the youngsters. A great piece of public relations by the club to agree to this game. So often when 'names' are meant to appear at these events, they more often than not don't show due to 'other engagements' & the like. Gus & Tano both appeared when it could have been easy for them to find an excuse not to on such a horrible night when it hardly stopped raining.

Well done to both Bexhill & Brighton for making the night a success.

Aseros

Banned
Jun 6, 2011
I was under the impression this was on Thursday night, had my ticket but seemed to have missed it :(

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I heard that Gus had a ticket for the Chelsea Barca game last night but had promised to play in this charity match quite some time back, so he honoured it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here