Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting shop specialty bet advice (William Hills in Brighton)

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Having said that, if you're backing both teams, for the same amount, I'll give you 4/5 the pair!

That's exactly what I'm after actually! I'm a journalist doing a big feature about gambling for a roller derby magazine, talking to players, bookies, etc (Joe Crilly of Hills has told me "should the sport continue to grow in the way that it is, doing a market becomes a no brainer.") Getting bets on both teams - guaranteeing one winning and one losing bet - would be a nice bit of colour for the piece. Plus the betslips would be good illustration for the piece. I don't mind losing a couple of quid in the process!

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
You must be new to the sport. In Roller Derby it's possible for both teams to win.

Haha, sadly not. There are no draws either. And yes, it is an American sport (the world's fastest growing sport). The only team in the world top 100 not from the US/Canada is London (currently ranked 4th). I don't think there are a dozen non North American teams in the top 500. They have been playing it twice as long as everyone else though...

Last edited:

That's exactly what I'm after actually! I'm a journalist doing a big feature about gambling for a roller derby magazine, talking to players, bookies, etc (Joe Crilly of Hills has told me "should the sport continue to grow in the way that it is, doing a market becomes a no brainer.") Getting bets on both teams - guaranteeing one winning and one losing bet - would be a nice bit of colour for the piece. Plus the betslips would be good illustration for the piece. I don't mind losing a couple of quid in the process!

That joke backfired then! Sit tight for a couple of days you might be better off speaking to our press office, I'll ask around when I'm back

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
That joke backfired then! Sit tight for a couple of days you might be better off speaking to our press office, I'll ask around when I'm back

Cool. I have exchanged e-mails with Joe Crilly (William Hill Press Officer) and he has given me some quotes for the piece, but I haven't asked him about me putting these bets on. I was hoping to be able to go into a bookies as Joe Punter and get the bets accepted, but if that isn't possible I guess I should try the media route. When are you back? The game is on Saturday. Cheers.

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
This information is completely wrong. I work for William Hill. If someone requests a price on something not on the shop system, we phone our betting control in Leeds, if its not for horses, dogs or football the operator on the other end will simply go on the William Hill website, so if you've already looked and its not on there it's back to square one! It's a misconception that you can walk into a bookies and get a price on your son playing for England or on Moulscombe getting wiped out by a giant meteor. Bets that you read about in The Sun will all be placed be emailing customer services.

Can I have that in a £5 double.

Cool. I have exchanged e-mails with Joe Crilly (William Hill Press Officer) and he has given me some quotes for the piece, but I haven't asked him about me putting these bets on. I was hoping to be able to go into a bookies as Joe Punter and get the bets accepted, but if that isn't possible I guess I should try the media route. When are you back? The game is on Saturday. Cheers.

Dead end I'm afraid 3 different departments have just told me to pass on customerhelp@williamhill.co.uk sorry :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here