Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting on Palace

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
OK so quite a few bookies are offering to match a £25 bet for new users.

So for £25 you could effectively stick a £50 bet on Palace beating us on the 27th... odds seem to be around 4/1 on that happening.

So we win or draw - you lose £25
We lose - you win £250 to dampen the blow.

Worth it, or the ramblings of a madman??

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
i have never and could never bet on palace.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Deffo worth the risk. I have to admit i've betted against the Albion in the past and come up trumps.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Alternatively, lump that £25 on an Albion win by 3 goals or more, and the inevitable victory will be even sweeter. Can you imagine if we won 6-0 and that bet paid enough to cover the season tix.

Best bet since [MENTION=357]afters[/MENTION] got 76/1 on Albion 1-0 and McShane first goalscorer.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Alternatively, lump that £25 on an Albion win by 3 goals or more, and the inevitable victory will be even sweeter. Can you imagine if we won 6-0 and that bet paid enough to cover the season tix.

Best bet since [MENTION=357]afters[/MENTION] got 76/1 on Albion 1-0 and McShane first goalscorer.

Wish i have pulled in a bet like that. Best i've ever won on high odds was John Terry to score first at 33/1

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
4-1 is good odds. I don't bet much, but my biggest win was betting on Brighton to beat Bolton (about 90/91 season) at 4-1. I couldn't believe the odds were so good. And 4-1 might be worth it for our friends up the road.

But I won't take it. I don't want to soften the blow. The whole point of supporting a team is the risk - you may be gutted, or you may have unrivelled joy. If we win, I will be happy, and i don't want a loss to soften the excitement. There needs to be risk of huge disappointment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here