Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Betting Help/Advice needed please

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
OK, I have had a 8fold accumulator on all the favourites winning their groups - £30 stands to net me £1455. However the stupid frogs look like they could cock this up. Once Spain are confirmed winners, I need to act.

My dilema is a) do I take some safe money by hedging out, or b) risk it?

I am tempted by a) purely in that if you think of it as I could take out around £250 now, there is no way you would put £250 on France to win group

Now what is the best way to hedge? I think I want to get about £150 guaranteed and let the rest ride. Therefore I can bet

£210 on Betfair on Korea @ 4.3
£500 on Betfair on Switz @ 1.8 (Will Hill same odds)

That would leave me with £190, £193 or £745 (if France do it)

Now does anyone have any idea how Betfair works if you Lay. France are 4.6 to Lay in the win group. Does this mean if I say I will take £200 of bets at 4.6, I have a liability of £920 to pay (of which £200 comes from person's stake) So results are

Switz £200
S Kor £200
Fra £1455-(£920-£200) = £735

I am thinking that that is all a bit complicated for a little extra dosh & I am going to go down the route of betting on Switz & S Kor.

Any help/guidance/advice would be really good thanks.
Rich

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
BBH said:

Now does anyone have any idea how Betfair works if you Lay. France are 4.6 to Lay in the win group. Does this mean if I say I will take £200 of bets at 4.6, I have a liability of £920 to pay (of which £200 comes from person's stake)
Rich

Exactly that but you will also need a spare £920 to put into your betfair account now as they take the liability in advance for obvious reasons. You also obviously need takers at that price as well.

Click the payout icon to understand how much you liability is.

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
Nice one people, cheers for that - think i am going to just bet straight the money on S korea & Switz, saves having to 'match' up etc on betfair. Unless anyone knows of any other ways, that is what I'll do.

RonnieO'Sullivan

Feb 21, 2005
nice position to be in mate...

i would cover ya bet though...

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
You may as well back South Korea to win the game (Current price 4.6) as the price to win the Group is 4.4. Seeing as Korea cant win unless they beat the swiss its a better bet.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I would keep my nerve.

France will beat Togo but at least 2 goals. If Switzerland and Korea draw France will win the group.

As a cover I would do

Korea £ 100 at 4.3 = £ 430
Switzerland £ 200 at 1.8 = £ 360

That makes £ 330 total stakes

France win group £ 1455 = £ 1125 profit
Korea win group £ 430 = £ 100 profit
Switzerland win group £ 360 = £ 30 profit

That way you make a profit all ways, just sit down and pray for a draw Korea V Switzerland and you are in the big money. If you spunk £ 500 on Switzerland and they draw and France win you will be a bit pissed off.

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
Good point Hannibal, I'll do that! :clap: Cheers

Cheers US, I think to be honest, I want at least £200 from this bet, so even if I hammer £500 on Switz & £200 on Korea, I'll have £200 proft if either of those 2 win & £700 odd if is a draw & France win the group.

If France win the group I may have won £700 rather than the £1455, but is still hard to get p1ssed off with £700 profit I reckon.

£200 will pay for a hotel/meal away after the WC - £700 will pay for a long weekend abroad & also guarantee me to watch all other games as the missus's inclusion in this weekend will depend on me watching all remaining games without exception!

Am also £276 up on other bets - has been quality betting with most favourites winning.

Did nobody else here bet on this?? I thought I read about it originally on NSC - Hence I wondered what others would do?

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
BBH said:

Did nobody else here bet on this?? I thought I read about it originally on NSC - Hence I wondered what others would do?

er no. I tried to be clever this world cup and have failed miserably. 5/2 Ivory Coast to qualify, Tunisia to beat Saudi Arabia in all singles, doubles, trebles and accumulators, Sweden to get 6 or 7 points and my personal favourite Ukraine to beat Spain.

I did, however, have Joe Cole to score first against Sweden, Brazil to win all three group matches and a couple of bets in running which have come off. Currently stand £42 up. God knows how.

BBH

Jul 28, 2004
Tooting Bec
Yep, I have been very lucky - I have 3x£10 doubles & 1X10 treble a few times & 3 of them have come off, Tunisia cocked me up as well, as did Mex v Angola - but that plus Crouch's goal minutes v T&T have sorted me a treat.

The favourites bet has worked out dreamily mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here