Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best/Worst support band seen in Brighton

scooter1

How soon is now?
keaton said:
I was gonna mention that gig but for completely different reasons.
The Arctic Monkeys played a very, poor set and seemed completely disinterested. when they finished about half the audience walked out an missed Maximo Park who played a brilliant set

It was odd because tickets were changing hands for a hundred odd quid as everybody wanted to see Arctic Monkeys - but you're right, they were very average. I thought We Are Scientists were the band of the night.......just opinion though

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
I thought We Are Scientists were very good, a lot better than the Monkeys

Ozymandias

Jan 31, 2007
Liquid Stone backing the UK Subs at the Top Rank, now that a proper venue.

Some pillock reading bad poetry backing the UK Subs at Crawley Tech. A very violent evening but on the whole very enjoyable, saying that the gig at top rank ended in a riot ... great entertainment when you're only just 16.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Best Support Act was at a Teenage cancer trust gig at the royal albert hall. Stereophonics were healdining but the support act was what stole the show.

Paul Weller, Roger Daltry, Ronnie wood, James Dean Bradfield and Kelly Jones.

Just performing a few songs from the Jam and then the who. Superb.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
The worst ever support in the History of the world ever was when the Cure played a film they'd made as support to themselves. truly awful, like something made by a kaleidoscope! It was at the Top Rank

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
BHA links said:
The worst ever support in the History of the world ever was when the Cure played a film they'd made as support to themselves. truly awful, like something made by a kaleidoscope! It was at the Top Rank

Youve just reminded me of The Style Council at Brighton Centre in 1987. They showed a video of some shit film theyd just made as support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here