Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best/Worst goals this season?

Lordy

Mar 26, 2008
Feel a bit soiled having spent too much time debating(?!) politics with Das Reich today, so feel like talking football for a change. So here goes: what were your favorite Brighton goals this season and what were the opposition goals that made you shudder most? Mine were:

For: Coxy's against Millwall. Forster's against Orient (though I accept the keeper probably should have saved it). Forster's free kick against Swindon (good in itself and critical in the context of the game and the season).

Against: Any and all the goals by Mansfield and Port Vale, but particularly Vale's opener. To remind those of you with merciful amnesia it was almost funny - Richards scuffed his first shot at at a right angle, ran round, re-set himself and had another go. Unbelievable!

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Best Goal this season was Murray's at the Withdean (Against Oldham??)

The one where Richards ran the whole length of the pitch, beating the entire opposition team. Before sliding Murray in behind the defence. Murray rounds up the keeper, and from a tight angle...he shoots!...HE SCORES!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Worst Albion goal: Jake's against someone at home. Went round the keeper and scuffed it home.

Best: Westlake's against Luton for a team move, i reckon.

Favourite: Murray's volley against...someone at home or Baz's winner at Hartlepool.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
For: Baz Savage's winner at Hartlepool was defnitely the most enjoyable
Against: Without doubt Vale's first at home, ABISMAL

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Haven't seen many games, but the best one I've seen the Albion score is probably Robinson's goal at Swindon.

Best goal against is probably the 3rd Port Vale goal.

Lordy

Mar 26, 2008
Best Goal this season was Murray's at the Withdean (Against Oldham??)

The one where Richards ran the whole length of the pitch, beating the entire opposition team. Before sliding Murray in behind the defence. Murray rounds up the keeper, and from a tight angle...he shoots!...HE SCORES!!!

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Good call. Yes, it was Oldham. It was the one where there was a collective groan just before he stuck it as everyone thought he had taken a touch or two too many. Goes to to the top of my list too. Feb 23 though and (apart from the scrambled goal v Walsall) it is the last goal to date he scored with his feet!

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford
Best goal I have witnessed was Murray's against Oldham, one of those that makes you even more jubilant due to the build-up and the subsequent finish.

Worst would have to be Southend's first against us in the home game, McCormack's deflected shot from 25 yrds out.

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Murray's against Crewe - one of few that have made me go 'wow'.
Cox against Milwall is right up there though.

Most enjoyable - Savage at Hartlepool without shadow of a doubt. Vintage Bas - shinned it from the half way line and a quality finish.

:bowdown:

As for against - there are too many to choose from. 95% of opposition goals have been embarrassing from our point of view!

SeagullTim

Boomer Sooner
Apr 22, 2006
Brighton
Worst Albion goal would be the one against Cheltenham which almost definately didn't cross the line.

Best has to be either Murray's volley on his home debut or Robinson v Swindon (a)

Last edited:

Lordy

Mar 26, 2008
Best goal: Forster's free kick v Swindon (h), or Robinson v Swindon (a).

Worst goal: Stupid question, so I suppose I'll go for an own goal. Hartlepool (a) springs to mind.

Favourite goal: Bas v Hartlepool (a).

Favourite moment: Michel's wondersave from the last kick of the game v Leyton Orient (a).

Call me sensitive but 'stupid' seems harsh! All goals against are painful but good goals (eg
Gills first at Withdean) are slightly easier to take somehow. Its the ones that come from frail defending that are the worst, and there have been a few of those with Lynch, Al-Abd and Richards missing (even with Elphick playing out of his skin).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Most enjoyable was the winner against Southend at Withers. Was that Revell?

Best could be El-Abd's volley against Gillingham. Then again Forster's at Orient was a bit special.

Worst? Probably the Mansfield second goal. Or the first.

...and an honourable mention must go to Gary Hart's effort against Doncaster(?) where he tripped over himself when clear on goal.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
This season's video should be interesting to see just how many goals have been scored against us when 1 or 2 opposing players are in a penalty area populated by half our team.

It seems an incredable amount of soft goals have been conceeded this season and the coaching staff really do need to work on this.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Gillinghams goal at withdean was special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here