Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best way to get your message across to these MP

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
There are over 650 of them (I think). Some of that lot are bound to stray a bit. The question is, how much do you alow them to stray before you decide that they should be chucked out, not on what they do for their constituents, but on what they do for themselves?

some of them stray a bit ? Parliament fought hard to keep it quiet. Why was that ? Was it because of a few stray MP's ?

Get real. Stop being an apologist. Do you post anything other than about this ?

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
But you've answered the point yourself.

In other words, would you want to vote for a party that wouldn't de-select a fraudulent MP?

That's the dilemma isn't it? And I obviously didn't get point over very well.

I would still like to vote for that party because their legislative and political agenda is closest to my own views.

However, that would be an impossible thing to do if they refused to de-select a fraudulent candidate.

I still couldn't vote for another party just as a protest vote though because it is likely that I wouldn't agree with their policies.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
That's the dilemma isn't it? And I obviously didn't get point over very well.

I would still like to vote for that party because their legislative and political agenda is closest to my own views.

However, that would be an impossible thing to do if they refused to de-select a fraudulent candidate.

I still couldn't vote for another party just as a protest vote though because it is likely that I wouldn't agree with their policies.

I see what you mean, but I am a floating voter. There is no party whose policies I entirely agree with. That makes it easy for me to change my vote as a 'protest' - there is always another party with something to offer!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm consideing my own vote and wrestling with the alternatives.

My initial thought was to snub the 3 main parties and vote Green. The problem with this, as has already been proven, is when they pick up a significant amount of votes Labour take notice and immediately skew their taxation policy towards a green agenda, therefore voting Green ultimately leads to higher taxes forced upon us by a Labour Party trying to appear "Green" to steal their thunder.

I can't vote UKIP because I believe in Europe, and I can't vote BNP because they're racist. I was reading the English Nationalist Party literature that came through the door, but that's all a bit sad. What's left? I really want to cast a vote but there's nothing much that appeals

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

My initial thought was to snub the 3 main parties and vote Green. The problem with this, as has already been proven, is when they pick up a significant amount of votes Labour take notice and immediately skew their taxation policy towards a green agenda, therefore voting Green ultimately leads to higher taxes forced upon us by a Labour Party trying to appear "Green" to steal their thunder.

I can't vote UKIP because I believe in Europe, and I can't vote BNP because they're racist. I was reading the English Nationalist Party literature that came through the door, but that's all a bit sad. What's left? I really want to cast a vote but there's nothing much that appeals

I can see that happening in the next few years anyway, no matter which party is in government.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003

I am seriously considering voting Green in the European elections coming up. i think if there are enough 'protest votes' in this years elections then all the main parties will have to consider sacking MP's etc.

bigc

Jul 5, 2003

I think voting Green is what I would advocate. I don't think Labour has the ability to put through any more tax rises really, surely there is only one budget left and that will be a vote buying pre-election budget.

If you don't mind me asking, who were you thinking of voting for prior to this whole fiasco breaking out?
Plus if you are based in the South-east region, the Green's do quite well in the Euros there and could pick up an extra seat or two.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
B9H67CA4S327VCAPF94PTCAJBLWNRCAOPL8STCAU54Q78CARXX28ICAKI2PMMCAQ3H2OOCAF1V14QCARWHOLFCAEL31EQCA6.jpg

string em up in public !!!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I emailed my MP last night, expressing my concern with regard to his expenses claims that have come to light to date. Namley:

£11,771 - gardening
£202.00 - pea shingle for driveway
£638.91 - patio repairs
£3,117 - re-tiling house roof

There is a further £142,000 that has yet to be itemised.

I simply asked how these costs were wholly, exclusively and necessarily incurred as part of his Parliamentry duties.

When I got in from work ten minutes ago, I had a very polite reply from him, requesting my phone number so he can call me personally to discuss the points I raised. Unprecedented. Now this MP is Knighted, the Deputy Speaker and has been an MP since 1977. If I had called him about my blocked drain or Council Tax I wouldn't have heard back for months, or I would have got some automated reply. These MPs are running scared, so get emailing them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here