Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best TV Sports Theme

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
There are too many for a poll but what's everyones favourite?? We were discussing this in the Dog and Duck last night, personally I very much miss the Grandstand theme and love the Ski Sunday and Soccer AM themes as well.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
I always liked the theme tune to Superstars... that's class.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
The Grand Prix tune (Fleetwood Mac) when the Beeb had it, and Ski Sunday.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I love Ski Sunday

But also Wimbledon as well...

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Oooh Golf theme is good too.. Dum dee Dum dee Dum dee Dum dee Dum dee Dum dee Dum..

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Well obviously, as has already been pointed out, the answer is the BBC cricket theme Soul Limbo.

However honourable mentions do go to Fleetwood Mac's F1 tune The Chain, The Snooker theme (don't know who's responsible for that one) and Grandstand.

Shame we rarely get to hear any of them anymore.

Do Sky have music for their sports coverage? I only ever catch it in the pub so wouldn't know

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Well obviously, as has already been pointed out, the answer is the BBC cricket theme Soul Limbo.

However honourable mentions do go to Fleetwood Mac's F1 tune The Chain, The Snooker theme (don't know who's responsible for that one) and Grandstand.

Shame we rarely get to hear any of them anymore.

Do Sky have music for their sports coverage? I only ever catch it in the pub so wouldn't know

Sky seem to use crappy contemporary music most of the time. The Sky Sports News themes particularly annoy me.

:rant:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Sky seem to use crappy contemporary music most of the time. The Sky Sports News themes particularly annoy me.

:rant:

Oh yeah of course, all that shit on Sky Sports News, hadn't thought of that.

"Let's make this moment last..."

...and last and last and last. Change the f***ing record.

And cheers Pasty

:thumbsup:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
BBC are the SHIZZ for sports theme tunes. I have Grandstand as my ringtone (ripped from Limewire), and for my text messages I have the ending to the Grandstand theme (where it goes derr der der derrr der der der DUM DUM).

I\'m fighting em off, me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here