Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best teenage job

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
OK, we've had the worst, now what's the best pre-career job?

I'd say working in a good pub: free booze and gash a'plenty. Who needs money when you have that?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Selling programme's at the Goldstone Ground 1975-79.

Could earn £15 for 90 minute's work and get into the match for free.

Oh to turn the clock back in time.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Selling double glazing over the phone (cold calling). Got a basic wage, plus a fiver every time someone agreed to have someone round to give a quote, and then 2% commission of any resulting sale.

Sounds like a shit job, but I went there after busting my hump for three months in a Comet warehouse, so sitting at a desk in a nice little office with a cup of tea and some Hobnobs felt like heaven after that. And the boss fancied me.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
St Dunstans when they were building the swimming pool. About 1973. The previous year I worked as the Co-op on Rottingdean High Street and earned £10 for the week. That year I worked as a labourer and earned £45 per week. I never again felt so rich. Crisp notes.

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
Working in a mobile phone shop. 10% commission on everything I sold and managed to get a free telly, free DVD player and £300 of shopping vouchers as monthly sales incentive prizes. I miss that job

:(

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I always wanted to be Sam, Quincy's medical oriental slave. Quincy's effs off and screams at councils and counsels and farming articulturalists he's unhappy with or who sprayed paint on his lover's barge. Sam, on the other hand, just gets on with the job and solves crimes. At the end of the day he collects no wage and rest in cardboard boxes with meats, fights and retired whores.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
Washing up. Now, some would have you believe it is one of the worst jobs around.

They are wrong. We own the kitchen after 9.00, eat as much food as we please, piss about, have food fights, help ourselves to the drinks dispencer, wind up the blokes on fast food, piss off ther waiters and make stupid bets i.e drinking 30 cups of coffee for a fiver and spending the night in hospital.

:cool:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I sold hot dogs at the 9th hole of my local golf course for years when I was 14 :( and played every Saturday afternoon for free with brand new demo clubs and a golf cart for free

Then I got promoted to the club shop as check in/booker :) and played every Saturday afternoon for free with brand new demo clubs and a golf cart for free

Then I got promoted to starter :) and played every Saturday and Sunday afternoon for free with brand new demo clubs and a golf cart for free (can you see where this is going :LOL:)

Then I got promoted to junior pro :) :) and played every Sat/Sun/Mon and Wed afternoon for free with brand new demo clubs and a golf cart for free

Then I went to Uni :(

So I have a nice swing and I'm educated :blush: :lol:

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Saturday job - board man at the bookies.

Writing up all the prices as they came through - putting a line through the race as it went off, writing the results up on the whiteboard. Loved it - those were the days.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Uncle Buck said:
So that is how you met El Presidente?
No, that was courtesy of a consentual rape one night.
You had to be there really.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Fragmented Badger said:
How does a CONSENTUAL rape work? Is it still rape with consent?:lolol:
Its when you say NO, but you don't really mean it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Store-boy at the Farthing Corner Service Station on the M2. Wheeling half a ton of McCains frozen chips across the bridge built me muscles like never before or since. And all the local girlies that used to come and hang out couldn't get enough of me smart white coat and dapper Thunderbirds-style paper hat. Magic days.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here