Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Save at an Albion Match?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
John Keeley at Doncaster at the end of the 1987-1988 season, but I can't remember the Doncaster player. We needed to win to stay in second place - Walsall were hot on our heels right up to the line. In the first half we were dire, and only Keeley's save, low to his left, ball bouncing similar to the way Pele's header did, kept us in the game. We went on to win 2-0 with an absolute corker from Garry Nelson, similar to BZ's goal at Bury and another belter from Paul Wood. Not saying Keeley's save was on a par with Steele's or Michel's double save, but it's the best I've seen. For an away keeper, some of Federici's for Reading at the Amex were pretty spectacular, and I seem to remember pyjama man playing a blinder for Palace when we were trying to get even for the 5-0.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You thought wrong.

I bow to your greater knowledge Catty. That was a good side. How would it fare against our present one. Favourably I'll wager.

[Yt]EQ0DagIqgX0&desktop[/yt]

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I bow to your greater knowledge Catty. That was a good side. How would it fare against our present one. Favourably I'll wager.

They never show the bit when Perryman punched Towner in the face after Towner nutmegged him! The Albion 77-78 had all the best players through the spine of the side, especially Lawrenson, Horton, O'Sullivan and Ward. Did not worry about full backs until we got to the top flight.

Stainsey

Mar 25, 2009
I can remember playing Chelsea at the Goldstone in Mar 89, when they had Dave Beasant in goal. Not sure about any specific saves, but we absolutely mullered their goal that night, but they came away with a very underserved 1 nil win. Shame as out of all the established teams, I think they are the only team I have never seen the Albion beat at least once

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Graham Moseley v Everton 81-82 season. Peter Eastoe header was somehow saved, v reminiscent of Banks v Pele save.

Definatly this .......

then 2 weeks later Mose let one trickle through his legs .....probrually been out with fozzie the night before on both occasions !!!

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Heard a lot of the kuipers save vs Blackpool, wasn't at the game. Can someone describe it

Nigella's Cream Pie

Fingerlickin good
Apr 2, 2009
Up your alley

Quality highlights, fantastic turn and run by Wardy at 0:55, had to laugh near the end when Clive Thomas made Perryman go off the pitch to pick the ball up and hand it to Sully for the throw

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Alan Knight save for Portsmouth. We were away. Knight ended up flat on the floor after a scramble and (cannot remember the player) an Albion player drove the ball what seemed like a 100 MPH towards the goal from about 8 yards out, Knight somehow got up quick enough to put it over the bar. The whole move happened in a split second but it was a stunning save and i could not believe we had not scored

Possibly in the game I referred to in the post just before yours ?

Biffer

Jul 13, 2003
Spot on. The highlights were on motd so I imagine it's still in BBC archives. May even be on YouTube. We won 3-1 with goals from Grealish, Ryan, and Foster.

I think the reason so many remember it was because it was on TV. I believe I recall Brian Moore talking about it though so it would have been on ITV rather than MOTD.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
I thought Bogdan's best save of the night was to stop Orlandi in the second half!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
The one against Bristol City was unreal i was stood right behind it. Was amazing!! Blackpool i cant think which save it was? But i remember Double Save at Wolves from Kiupers that was something fantasitc save

The Blackpool one was in our second season at Withdean I think??
How were you stood behind the save for Bristol City? There was no stand in those days at that end? (Not having a go, I'm just curious like)...

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
graham moseleys
south stand save,late in game v newcastle from john tudors header 82-83,3rd round FA cup,earned us replay,which we won, then got to final,
almost carbon copy of banks v pele, amazing save, hats off to mose !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here