Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Sole O Mio in Palmeria Square.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dig in the Ribs, Preston Street. Bloody marvellous.
Those h-h-hot Louisiana wings are, quite simply, sex on a plate.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
1 Paston Place is THE best restaurant in Brighton

other than that for teh atmosphere and some blinding food and very good prices, the Greys pub on Southover Street is great. Spats cooks it up a storm in there.

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
Went to Hotel du Vin last week for lunch, pretty impressed

Good food, surroundings, etc

An evening meal is a ripoff, as they bump the prices up, but for lunch its a winner

Bit strange though, as last time I was there it used to be the "Berlin Bar". Anyone else on here remember that terrible place?!!!

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
1 Paston Place is THE best restaurant in Brighton

Was that not taken over a few weeks ago?

Does anyone know if it is still as good?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dancin Ninja BHA said:
Went to Hotel du Vin last week for lunch, pretty impressed

Bit strange though, as last time I was there it used to be the "Berlin Bar". Anyone else on here remember that terrible place?!!!

I've had cocktails there, pretty impressive it is. The Cigar room is massive.

I believe after the Berlin Bar it became the Metro Bar or summat, never went myself, always looked a bit 'shit'# from the outside.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I know its a way out of town, but you have to go a long way to beat the Blacksmith's Arms at Offham, outside Lewes.

Scrumtitious

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I like China Garden, but they just dont leave you for 5 minutes to concentrate on your food !

So glad that Gars has re-opened again, much better IMHO

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
IMHO:
Used to love Dig In the Ribs but all the food is pre-cooked, think there are better Mexicans than that although the atmosphere is quite good.
Leonardos is a favourite of mine and you can always buy some coke at the bar. China garden is the nuts for food and surrounding but a bit pricey. Gars is a more than adequate substitue.
For best strak Iv had, try Leonardos. Cant remember which 1 though its at the top of the menu(!) but its really really good.
Im told Hotel de vin food is very very good. Also 7-Dials restaurant but not been there either

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
1 paston place has been taken over by a italian master chef and his wife,the food is a lot different but is aiming to be of the same standard.being a head chef for 17 years now and worked in the best places in the world their isnt that much of a choice,but the said restaurant,gingerman are od goos standard,in general the restaurants are dire in town.as i have cooked many different types of food,i would say i love to go to the old tollgate,what it does is simple but quality carverys and pot roast etc,nice starters and desserts.and as my friend gorden says you cant beat a fry up after work,but for me the tollgate hits the spot!!im parcial to the old grubbs burgers too

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
los amigos is good for mexican,stay away from any restaurant in preston street for god sake,7-dials aint bad

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
My frinds fiancee is a h/chef and its good to know what he/you say. He agrees that the standard is pretty poor. Too much samey same. The way I see it, there are lots of restuarants you can eat a good 2 course for £15. If there were a few more at £25 but better quality, then Im sure they would do better.

Saucy, terre a terre, Seven Dials, cafe paradiso are my favourites. I mean to try out the rejuvenated Food for friends and Trogs too. I like the food at Al duomo aswell but preferred the old layout.

paston place and gingerman are definitely on the list too. There are loads of decent restaurants in brighton, I can't believe Brain Sewell slated the restaurants here (In the Argus a few weeks ago) as they are great.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here