Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ref of the season so far?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I thought so. It was a harsh red from what I saw on TV in the concourse today but a very good decision to play on for their second.

He was unobtrusive, let the game flow and some other stuff that I've forgotten.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
You've forgotten some other stuff like "confusing everyone as to whether play had stopped". Twice.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Looking at the incidents on sky sports news it was a definite red card but we were fortunate to get the penalty.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
yeh the decision to stop for a "high foot" when the guy dived at the ball was ridiculous but he did a good job

sun was in my eyes for the red.. (and most of the first half) so cant comment

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Let the game flow. best ref i have seen im ages frankly.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I was sat in the south stand with friends who are wolves fans (Bewdley where I live is a wolves stronghold) and even they agreed with the red card.

Playing on for their second goal was an excellent decision and for the penalty I thought he got it right as the defender was trying to do this silly thing of putting your arms behind your b ack but in the process flapped it straight at the ball.

All in all he had a very good and consistent game and managed to keep it flowing really well

7 out of 10 in my re

Last edited:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
In general I'd agree Buzzer, he certainly wasn't whistle happy and petty. However, the drop ball he awarded was bizarre as we had good possession at the time and it wasn't our fault their player put his head right down to the ground to nearly get a boot in it, which he didn't get anyway so there was no need to stop the game in the first place.

Have to disagree with you on the straight red. He got that one spot on! Their excuse for a captain lunged in two footed it seemed to me, and that's about par for the course for his style of football I'm afraid. I'm all for it being a man's game and tough tackling but that's one player that really get's my blood boiling - one day he's going to hurt someone really badly (already broken Zamora's leg remember).

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
You've forgotten some other stuff like "confusing everyone as to whether play had stopped". Twice.

If one of the incidents is their second goal then I don't think we've any complaints there. Yes he had the whistle up to his mouth ready to blow but his arm gestures were clearly waving play on as they had possession. Good reffing there I think, clearly was ready to give the foul as he booked Dunk for it after the goal was scored, but let play on exactly as he should.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here