Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best places to eat in brighton

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
taking mrs gunner out in town tonight havent eaten out for a while wondering if theres any new hidden gems i havent been to yet?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The new place which imediately springs to mind is 'The Ginger Pig' on Hove Street near the King Alfred, where 'The Bordeaux' used to be. Same owners as The Gingerman if that means anything to you.

Really good - now one of my top 3 places to eat.

Except you wanted Brighton... oh well.. still a good place though

:drink:

Last edited:

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Barrel of Fun said:
I can't remember the exact name, but I really enjoyed the Japanese Tapas restaurant opposite Fat Leo's.

There's a Thai tapa place there called Mai Ped, Ped Ped which is very good. Casa don Carlos is my favourite Spanish tapas in Brighton and has been consistently good for the last ten years that I can remember.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
theres a little restaurant called "Barry at the Tureen" tucked away up the same road as the Hampton, has anyone been there?

Here are our 2 most recent diner reviews for Barry at the Tureen.

JH 08/03/07 - The most undiscovered gem in Brighton - great home cooked food - great host - always a great night.

Paul Manning 11/08/06 - Barry's offers a unique and intimate dining experience where your host, Barry, is chef, maitre d' and cabaret rolled into one. Unusual, perhaps, but the formula works brilliantly. Try it and see!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Uncle Buck said:
The Sunday menu is there is decent and not overly expensive, only about £23 for 3 courses.

The killer is the price of wine....

Spot on. That's why i slip in my hip-flask ;)

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
maffew said:
theres a little restaurant called "Barry at the Tureen" tucked away up the same road as the Hampton, has anyone been there?

JH 08/03/07 - The most undiscovered gem in Brighton - great home cooked food - great host - always a great night.

Paul Manning 11/08/06 - Barry's offers a unique and intimate dining experience where your host, Barry, is chef, maitre d' and cabaret rolled into one. Unusual, perhaps, but the formula works brilliantly. Try it and see!
been going for years that place,and its true,very good value,not moder but good honest food

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
maffew said:

Been there quite a few times over the last 15 years, some great nights out

Empire - I think i might have met you there, are you Marie on a friday night ? ;)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here