Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Pizza in Brighton?

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Is there such a thing as a good pizza?

The only good pizza is a flat pizza.

There used to be a place near the K.A. on the prom.Did all kinds of heart attack food,but my daughters said it was the best pizza they'd had (including some they'd eaten in Italy.)

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
god i want a pizza lol

ive had an amazing pizza once frm somewhere but i cant remember the place lol

The only good pizza is a flat pizza.

There used to be a place near the K.A. on the prom.Did all kinds of heart attack food,but my daughters said it was the best pizza they'd had (including some they'd eaten in Italy.)

I know the place. They weren't bad, cheap and well topped, but best of all they were open late! Quite often used to be after pub fodder.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Anyone who goes to italy, has a proper pizza cooked in a stone oven, and THEN calls it 'cheese on toast' deserves to be put down...or shot in the nose

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Italian Kitchen is the best pizza takeaway in Worthing!

Oct 25, 2003
Personally I think going out for a meal and having PIZZA is a complete waste of time. Pizza is what you order at half time when you're at home watching the football. Or its something you rummage around in your freezer for when you can't be arsed to cook something proper to eat. It is NOT something you have for a proper sit-down meal that you've actually bothered going out for.

i agree, same goes to pasta

you can make it yourself for fucks sake!

an indian is a bit different cos its a bit harder to make a decent curry from scratch (not to the quality served in restaurants anyway) whereas you can make pretty good pasta yourself

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Absolutely.
If I'm going out for a meal, I want something SPECIAL that I simply could not knock up at home meself given half an hour, or two minutes and a microwave.

I'm off to the Oriental Village again, on Friday night this week. Some of the most sumptuous and varied chinese dishes you could hope to sample, and its an all-you-can-eat. Now THATS a meal out. You can poke your pizzas up your arse.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Anyone who goes to italy, has a proper pizza cooked in a stone oven, and THEN calls it 'cheese on toast' deserves to be put down...or shot in the nose
having been a chef for 26 years at top places,i think i qualify to give my reasons,pizza is stodge and like i said cheese on toast,end of thread

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Piccollos in ship street.

may not be the very best in town but can't beat the lunch time specials at £2.75 a throw :thumbsup:

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
having been a chef for 26 years at top places,i think i qualify to give my reasons,pizza is stodge and like i said cheese on toast,end of thread

I don't know how you can say that. If you make the base properly and make your own tomato paste and use good quality ingedredients for the topping then it's anything but stodge.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
yes i know that dont you think im aware of that,still glorified CHEESE on f***ing toast imo

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Actually,cheese on toast is pretty damned good,esp topped off with Daddy's sauce.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Personally I think going out for a meal and having PIZZA is a complete waste of time. Pizza is what you order at half time when you're at home watching the football. Or its something you rummage around in your freezer for when you can't be arsed to cook something proper to eat. It is NOT something you have for a proper sit-down meal that you've actually bothered going out for.

Not when you have a 5-year-old and a 2-year-old to take out it's not. They're not going to sit down to a gourmet meal or even an Indian (actually, the 2-year-old probably would but my daughter wouldn't have it).

We're going out a pizza on Thursday for a celebratory meal so this thread's useful. We normally go to Pizza Express but we're supporting the boycott of it and need to find somewhere else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here