Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best or worst bit of skill you've seen from any player

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Best: Mine has to be the Ernie Hunt/Willie Carr freekick for Coventry against West Brom (?) in what must have been 1970/71 (?).
The kick was central outside the penalty box ... Carr stood with his feet either side of the ball while the wall was being organised and Coventry attackers were taking position. Then suddenly he put both feet around the ball and flicked it up behind him, where Ernie Hunt caught it on the volley and blasted it into the net ....
sheer brilliance and can still visualise it now

Worst: Albion Rovers v Peterhead in 2001 ... an Albion Rovers player lobbed in a cross come shot from 45 yards. The Peterhead keeper resembled a clown as he let it bounce off his right shoulder and over three defenders into the net ... the whole crowd pissed themselves laughing

Last edited:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
On the Left Wing said:
Best: Mine has to be the Ernie Hunt/Willie Carr freekick for Coventry against West Brom (?) in what must have been 1970/71 (?).
The kick was central outside the penalty box ... Carr stood with his feet either side of the ball while the wall was being organised and Coventry attackers were taking position. Then suddenly he put both feet around the ball and flicked it up behind him, where Ernie Hunt caught it on the volley and blasted it into the net ....
sheer brilliance and can still visualise it now

Worst: Albion Rovers v Peterhead in 2001 ... an Albion Rovers player lobbed in a cross come shot from 45 yards. The Peterhead keeper resembled a clown as he let it bounce off his right shoulder and over three defenders into the net ... the whole crowd pissed themselves laughing

I remember that goal but technically it was a foul as Carr touched the ball twice (by virtue of the fact he had both feet on the ball). Great volley but Hunt though. Didn't he die a few years ago ?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Playing Exeter City at Withdean a few years ago. Player goes down under challenge - gets penalty. After a few mins treatment gets up to take penalty. He was obviously still suffering as he dragged his penalty about six yards wide of the goal. Probably the worst miss I have ever seen.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Re: Re: Best or worst bit of skill you've seen from any player

bhaexpress said:
I remember that goal but technically it was a foul as Carr touched the ball twice (by virtue of the fact he had both feet on the ball). Great volley but Hunt though. Didn't he die a few years ago ?

Hunt? I don't know ....

Carr was last known selling ballbearings or something for an engineering company.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Just thought of another one from our Sunday Team!

One of our players is bearing down on goal with just the keeper to beat when he stops and puts his head in his hands and shouts sorry lads. The keeper stands upright and looks puzzled as our player starts to bend down to pick the ball up. As the keeper stands to one side our player knocks the ball into the empty net. The keeper whinging to the ref was priceless!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Djalminha is the most skillful player around in world football today, however his temperament does let him down on a few occassions! He is a joy to watch when in full flow.

The good... Backheeling the ball over 2 defenders and taking another 2 out of the game before setting up a goal.

The bad... Headbutting his manager!

:clap:

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
man u- real madrid a few years back- fernando redondo was chasing a lost cause into the corner, then he suddenly kinda backheals the ball through the defenders legs(i think it was wes brown) before crossing the ball in for raul to score.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The worst penalty ever taken - Peter Devine, Lancaster CIty.

Nick Hancocks football cockups video is worth the price for that piece of comedy alone. And it's got Parris's sneaky goal v Bristol Rovers. :jester: :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here