Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Only Fools & Horses, Moments.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have to say the Bar Scene is funny but imho very overated, the chandelier is pure comedy!

Its about the build up to it, the reaction of Del and Rodney stadanding on the step ladder in disbelief, the way Grandad waltzes down the stairs with a proud smile on his face!

pure 100% comedy!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
:clap2:

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Groovy Gang - Where Rodney has to pretend he's 14 years old, and del changes his passport, and he wins spanish lottery:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
'Best Only Fools & Horses, Moments.'

An oxymoron surely!
Correct. It was always overrated but the scripts got progressively more and more shite and it should have finished after it's third series.

They never learn. Look at Vicar of Dibley. Or My Family. :sick:

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
One of the best line was the fancy dress party that Del & Rodney were going to,(as batman & Robin) that subsequently became a wake as the host had died the day beofore,
Del & Rodney dressed as Batman & robin talking to trigger saying no one told them he had died, Trigger dressed in a black suit and tie says, replied, no one told me either,
i feel i right wally, i came dressed as a chauffeur :yahoo:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I have to say the Bar Scene is funny but imho very overated, the chandelier is pure comedy!

Its about the build up to it, the reaction of Del and Rodney stadanding on the step ladder in disbelief, the way Grandad waltzes down the stairs with a proud smile on his face!

pure 100% comedy!!!

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
:clap2:

I think the chandelier is miles better than the bar scene.

It is brilliantly acted by all 3, just look at grandad's face when he comes down the stairs, he looks as pleased as punch with the work that he has done. Eventhough he must have heard an almighty smash. Then he says "everything all right" when the chandelier is in a 1000 pieces in front of him!

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I think the chandelier is miles better than the bar scene.

It is brilliantly acted by all 3, just look at grandad's face when he comes down the stairs, he looks as pleased as punch with the work that he has done. Even though he must have heard an almighty smash. Then he says "everything all right" when the chandelier is in a 1000 pieces in front of him!

Saw a programme where John Sullivan was interviewed on the making of this episode, it was the last episode of the first pilot series, and it was not certain that a second series would follow, and although the chandelier was fake, it still cost £6k to make, and they only had one made !!

hence the cast were given very strict instruction that there was no rehearsal for it, just a single take, and under no circumstance must any of the cast laugh and ruin the only possible take,
they were threatened with the axe "if" a second series was commissioned.

"Rodney" went on to say that the time between the chandelier hitting the floor and "cut" being shouted seemed like an eternity, and they subsequently just collapsed in heaps laughing.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here