Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best North Stand slatings.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Following on from the Shilton thread, What are your most memorable slatings by the Goldstone North Stand to opposition players??

I think the stick Trevor Morley got after being stabbed by his mrs will never be beaten, chants of "STAB, STAB, STAB" and "One Mrs Morley" had the whole stand in stitches and he had an absolute stinker of a game if I remember correctly.

I always remember Mick Quinn getting murdered about his weight when he came to the Goldstone with Newcastle and Pompey.

Also Ian wright having a 30 minute chant of "Ian Wright is full of shit" when we had Palace in the Zenith Data.

Last edited:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Not really old enough to remember anything in the North stand but i reckon the amount of shit that Leon Knight will get when he comes to withers will be pretty good

Lankyseagull

One Step Beyond
Jul 25, 2006
The Field of Uck
Who was the guy that used to play for Exeter City who looked like Wolf from Gladiators? Someone Bailey? The North Stand used to howl everytime he touched the ball (and his shorts were far to small for him!)

Think he always used to get substituted too!

:lolol:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
Lankyseagull said:
Who was the guy that used to play for Exeter City who looked like Wolf from Gladiators? Someone Bailey? The North Stand used to howl everytime he touched the ball (and his shorts were far to small for him!)

f*** me I remember him, that was absolutely hillarious- he always ran around alot but did f*** all....

Soccerbase here I come-

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Wasn't really a slating but when Man city came down in the late 80's they used to have all those inflatables and some guy had a massive pair of red lips.

The north stand gave him a chorus of "who's the wanker with the lips" Class.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Loudest I ever heard the North Stand (Goldstone not Withdean!) was "we all agree Alan Ball is a W****R" when playing for Southampton. Mums, dads, little kids, everyone was allowed to joined in. He responded by playing even better.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Bigtomfu said:
f*** me I remember him, that was absolutely hillarious- he always ran around alot but did f*** all....

Soccerbase here I come-

f***ing hell, didn't think this picture would make an appearence twice in one day! :lolol: Ladies and gents, I give you Danny Bailey...

exeter_promotion_danny_bailey_1990.jpg

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
There was also another guy from Exeter circa 1991 who only looked about 8 years old...he was tiny and played on the right wing.

Micky Quinn got some serious stick and then scored three hatricks against Brighton. He said on talksport a few weeks ago that he loved playing at the goldstone.....wonder why ???

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Goring Gull said:
Wasn't really a slating but when Man city came down in the late 80's they used to have all those inflatables and some guy had a massive pair of red lips.

The north stand gave him a chorus of "who's the wanker with the lips" Class.

Remember that well....absolutely hilarious. The city supporters were in the north east corner under the floodlight and there was this bloke with a 6 foot long pair of bright red lips. Every time he moved, it looked like they were laughing .

Was that the same game that the old geezer ball boy headed the ball back into the crowd....and got sacked for doing so. BHA won 2-1 iirc

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Playing Preston once in the 'Glory Era' and we were 4-0 up at half-time. Two of the goals were own goals by a Preston defender called Baxter. Needless to say in the 2nd half the North Stand were chanting "Give it to Baxter!"

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I once called an opposition player a 'smelly poo face'. I thought that was quite cool. Although as I was only a child it might not have been from the north stand.:(

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Albion Dan said:

I think the stick Trevor Morley got after being stabbed by his mrs will never be beaten, chants of "STAB, STAB, STAB" and "One Mrs Morley" had the whole stand in stitches and he had an absolute stinker of a game if I remember correctly.

/B]

I know for a FACT that Morley's wife stabbed him [in the groin] because she caught him in bed with Ian Bishop

:eek:

D

Deleted User X18H

Lankyseagull said:

Danny Bailey I remeber they beat us in the old LDV or whatever it was then on a Tuesday then we beat them in the league on the Saturday both at the Goldstone in about 1994 Bailey was big mates with John Crumplin I used to hob nob in the player lounge (portakabin) in those days.

Last edited:

D

Deleted User X18H

jevs said:
There was also another guy from Exeter circa 1991 who only looked about 8 years old...he was tiny and played on the right wing.

Micky Quinn got some serious stick and then scored three hatricks against Brighton. He said on talksport a few weeks ago that he loved playing at the goldstone.....wonder why ???
That was Martin Philips who went on to play for Man City and is now at Torquay I think. 'back to school on Monday'

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I remeber someone at Sheffield Wednesday screaming a few years back - "Sheffo Wed are a bag of ****." Probably not one of our brighter fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here