Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best nil nil I have ever seen

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Not a great game needed a goal to fire it up. The shots that hit the bar and the saves by both sides made it seem better than it was. They shaded it though. We were scrappy and some of our passing.....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We could so do with Murray at the moment though

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I thought that was a cracking game of football, played by two free flowing technically good sides.

What an excellent side hull are and that keeper of theirs is class.

Vicente Was just excellent and apart from a couple of dodgy moments in the full back region and a fortuitous cross bar, that was a very fair result.

I am loving the standard of football in this division.

Great stuff gus and the boys

Maybe not the best ever - other than that a sensible analysis.

Teams do keep going for the full 90 minutes at this level.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I said before the game that I would be happy with a point, Hull have a good away record, and two seasons ago they were probably near top of the Premiership, and we were near enough bottom of div 2.
An entertaining 0-0, thought 1st 5 mins we started great and looked well up for it, but Hull came more into it, and was glad to get 0-0 at half time.
Thought Gus would change things after half time, but we played exactlu=y the same system and was surprised the subs didnt come on till 70 odd mins.
Dicker and Painter were poor, Sparrow didnt seem to know where to play tactically, and Barnes ball control is non existant, although he does defend well and saved Painter a couple of times.
Vicente is class, but I feel he is too far ahead of our team, he is playing La Liga footie, only CMS is anywhere near his wavelenght, and their understanding is more noticable, in a couple of games, they will rip defences apart.
Cms and Bridcutt were also superb, but Hull were a good team and perhaps unlucky only to get one point.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I think I have seen better nil-nils. I thought that we were lucky to get a point today.

Man of the match. South-Stand Cross Bar...pulled off a couple of great stops.

Can anyone tell me why every other team we play seems to have more pace and energy than us and why we move the ball so slowly? Whenever we move the ball forwards, it's so bloody obvious what we're trying to do. A bit of guile and variety would be nice.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I said before the game that I would be happy with a point, Hull have a good away record, and two seasons ago they were probably near top of the Premiership, and we were near enough bottom of div 2.
An entertaining 0-0, thought 1st 5 mins we started great and looked well up for it, but Hull came more into it, and was glad to get 0-0 at half time.
Thought Gus would change things after half time, but we played exactlu=y the same system and was surprised the subs didnt come on till 70 odd mins.
Dicker and Painter were poor, Sparrow didnt seem to know where to play tactically, and Barnes ball control is non existant, although he does defend well and saved Painter a couple of times.
Vicente is class, but I feel he is too far ahead of our team, he is playing La Liga footie, only CMS is anywhere near his wavelenght, and their understanding is more noticable, in a couple of games, they will rip defences apart.
Cms and Bridcutt were also superb, but Hull were a good team and perhaps unlucky only to get one point.

Hailsham, for me, yours is an excellent post !

I was expecting a loss.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
I thought we were rubbish today. Gave the ball away far too much and have too many League 1 players. If we play like that against a West Ham we will get slaughtered

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Barnes was very poor. Hoskins must be really rubbish to be kept out based on Barnes' current form.

Noone set the game alight when he came on. Why the hell didn't he start? Gus screwed up on that one.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
I thought that was a cracking game of football, played by two free flowing technically good sides.

Vicente Was just excellent and apart from a couple of dodgy moments in the full back region and a fortuitous cross bar, that was a very fair result.

Sunderland game was a much better 0-0 (90 mins)
If you were a Hull fan it probably would've warranted being a great 0-0

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
According to bet365.com it was a Bore Draw - Official! :lolol:

'We thought we'd let you know that as part of our fantastic Bore Draw Money Back offer, your account has been credited with the stakes from the following losing bets on Brighton v Hull:

Stake Reference
5.00 xxxxxxxxxxx
5.00 xxxxxxxxxxx

Simply place a pre-match bet on our Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time, or any of our Scorecast markets on ANY Soccer match and if the game finishes 0-0 then we will refund all losing bets on these markets!'

:thumbsup:

I agree with this, not a great game really. Lots of lose passing, some poor officiating and a touch of luck..which was nice! I think Nooney made a difference not sure why we didn't start with any wingers tho'.. thoughts?

In my view it was because we had conceded too many goals recently. I think Gus wanted fill the midfield more - as a result we lost some attacking edge.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I quite enjoyed the game yesterday, but not the best 0-0 I've ever seen.

That goes to Pompey 0-0 Albion, some years ago in the early 90's I think it was. We absolutely battered them for 90 minutes but unfortunately Alan Knight in the Pompey goal had decided to have the game of his life that day.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Nothing like when we drew 0-0 with Southampton, i thought it was the most boring game i've seen this season and possibly last.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I thought it was an entertaining game with Hull just shading it in terms of quality. We had chances but came up against a goalkeeper in excellent form. having said that I thought Ankergren had his best match so far this season. The first 5 minutes showed how threatening we could be but after that we were so slow in getting a move going. It gives the opposition time to get in place.
As for our support this was the first match at the Amex when the play determined the noise level. Songs and chants never really got going but especially in the second half the roars from the crowd as we pressed for a goal were awesome.

0-0 at White Hart Lane in the late seventies is the only 0-0 I can remember. Cracking game and atmosphere (about 45k there).

SEAGULLS TILL I DIE

Jan 6, 2008
I thought we were rubbish today. Gave the ball away far too much and have too many League 1 players. If we play like that against a West Ham we will get slaughtered

spot on, pass' misplaced all over the park from us, we were slightly second best on the night which is understandable playing against x prem a couple years ago and being the recently promoted league 1 team that we are!
100% seen better 0-0's and perhaps seen more boring 0-0's!
not a game i would like to see again....

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

I saw your lot smash Exeter yesterday Dave!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here