Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best new bands...who are your favourites?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
There seems to be a new batch of decent British bands coming through at the moment. Quite refreshing really. The 22-20s, the zutons, the eigties matchbox b-line disaster to name but a few.

So who are your favourites?

Mine are pretty predictable really.

THE ORDINARY BOYS - The saviours of the mod movement and amazing live. I could not recomend them highly enough. To appreciate them at their best, go and watch them at a dingy little gig venue and go mental.

I am a big fan of 'jet' as well and Franz Ferdinand were ace live when I saw them.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I met Franz Ferdinand and saw them in Leeds. They were brilliant live. Very cool, on the verge of being too cool but pulling it off brilliantly. Take Me Out is amazing live as well.

The Ordinary Boys are just the dogs bollocks. I have not been as excited by a bands music since I heard 'Supersonic' for the first time.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Richie Morris said:

The Ordinary Boys are just the dogs bollocks. I have not been as excited by a bands music since I heard 'Supersonic' for the first time.

as well as richie's recommendation of the ordinary boys, i'd add 'kaiser chiefs' who are fecking AMAZING and when they get signed will be absolutely huge.

chikinki, kasabian and the killers are a few other decent bands.

the ordinary boys album is out monday and you really should get yourself a copy. you'll also get OUTSTANDING photographs in the artwork :jester:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I already have the album raph but not the inner sleeve and artwork because I got a promo. Might go and get it anyway.

'Mower' are ace too.

Last edited:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
Richie Morris said:
I already have the album raph but not the inner sleeve and artwork because I got a promo. Might go and get it anyway.

'Mower' are ace too.

yes you should. you also get a live cd with the album with a few good tracks on (and some more classy artwork :dunce: )

mower are f***ing fabulous, how could i forget them!!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I love the non album tracks 'little bubble' and 'laughing from the sidelines'. They are so good it is hard to listen to another CD.

How many tracks on the live album and where were they recorded?

Are they touring to support the album?

The singer from Mower is so cool.

Last edited:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
the live album was recorded in birmingham at the beginning of june, i THINK there's gonna be 5 tracks on it, including little bubble, which is SO much better live.

no tour planned but they're playing move, T in the park, summer sundae, reading and various other bits. i'm sure they'll announce a new tour soon though.

and matty mower is the NICESET person i have EVER met!! :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I saw Mower in Hull sat at a table with Preston for their set and he could not speak highly enough of them.

Has to be the best night (music wise) of my life. The Ordinary Boys set was amazing, the gig was out of this world and got to meet the band and interview Preston and have a chat with him during the support bands.

The highlight was cover of 'Little Bitch' what a song....

...ONE TWO!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham
i LOVE that cover and it sounds f***ing great on the album.

on the last tour they've been doing a cover of ray cochrane's summertime blues which is also f***ing A!!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I have listened to the promo of the album none stop. Not sure if the track listing is the same but I imagine it will be.

'Seaside' is a great tune and was played all the way to Cardiff in my old mans car!

'Little Bitch' on the album is great but nothing can touch it performed live.

'The only things you want to see are kitsch, the only thing you want to be is rich!'

Altogether now.... ONE! TWO!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
'Little Bitch' - the specials
lyrics by Jerry Dammers

One, two

If you ever hear a noise in the night your body starts to sweat
It shakes and shivers in fright
You go and sleep with your mother, she hates your guts
She knows that you love her so she holds you tight
All through the night, until the broad daylight
And when she doesn't come home you have to sleep alone
Then you wet your bed, and I think that's sad
For a girl of nineteen it's more than sad, it's obscene

One, two

And your girlfriend sweet little seventeen
She's got her layered hair, and her flared jeans
You know what that means? She's just a little queen
She shares your London flat, she thinks that London's where it's at, although it stinks
And when it rains you wear your hat, and your plum coloured PVC wet look maxi-mac
You tie your ginger hair back in a bun
You're the ugliest creature under the sun

one, two, go

And you think it's about time that you died, and I agree, so you decide on suicide
You tried but you never quite carried it off
You only wanted to die in order to show off
And if you think you're gonna bleed all over me, you're even wronger than you'd normally be
And the only things you want to see are kitsch
The only thing you want to be is rich
Your little pink up-pointed nose begins to twitch
I know, you know, you're just a little bitch

One, two!

WHAT A SONG!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I saw FF in Leeds and they were ace. The album is brilliant and just sold its millionth copy. Plus it sounds like Les Ferdinand.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
I am ashamed to say I quite like Keane.

:blush:

Albion Edd

Brighton til die
Jul 5, 2003
Patcham
The Libertines are my favourite band at the moment, I can't wait for their new album to come out in august. I also like the zutons alot and I like the ordinary boys and i quite like that new razorlight song.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Razorlight are looking very promising and 'Golden Touch' is superb.

Zutons are cool..picking up where the las left off all those years ago and they even have proper scouse hair.

The Libertines are amazing. Sad about the heroin problem and all but the band say they are continuing without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here