Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best mobile phone?

Robbie G

Jul 26, 2004
Hassocks
Is this site definitely legit?! Offer i've found on it is with Vodafone, £30 a month, 16 months half price line rental or £100 cashback, 600 minutes, unlimited texts and a month of free insurance. Sounds too good to be true ???

Well it says it's part of the Carphonewarehouse.

The £30 month contract is made with Vodafone. I pay Orange by Direct Debit each month.

The cashback by redemption, the onus is on you to claim the money back. All you do is send a copy of your contract to them and then they put the money in your account (I haven't done this yet as only got the contract couple weeks ago).

The insurance is free for first month but unless you cancel they keep it going. I canceled it straight away which was easy enough, and also canceled some technical thing they sign you up for.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Well it says it's part of the Carphonewarehouse.

The £30 month contract is made with Vodafone. I pay Orange by Direct Debit each month.

The cashback by redemption, the onus is on you to claim the money back. All you do is send a copy of your contract to them and then they put the money in your account (I haven't done this yet as only got the contract couple weeks ago).

The insurance is free for first month but unless you cancel they keep it going. I canceled it straight away which was easy enough, and also canceled some technical thing they sign you up for.

Ahh makes a bit more sense now.
Cheers for the info, will definitely be looking into this a bit more :thumbsup:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I am well overdue a change from my ancient Samsung U600.

However, i am going to wait till the 4G I-Phone is released and then way up the pros and cons between that and the HTC Desire.

The battle between the I Phone and any competing smart phones will really hot up over the next 2 years if the Android App market grows in size and quality as such that it can compete with the Apple Apps store.

Alas it doesn't looke like Steve Jobs and Adobe are going to resolve their differences anytime soon, so if you browse a lot of intermet sites that use Flash you can forget the I Phone.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
That is bloody good. What network is that on? Best i can find is £30 a month on vodafone with 600 mins, ultd texts and free phone. But i don't call people that much anyway so would rather save a fiver a month.

vodafone

although i think i winged it a bit .

the original deal was for the same price without unlimited internet. there was a problem porting my number so they called me and asked me what deal i was on . i accidently on purpose added the internet. saved me £5 a month for 2 years

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
i have this exact phone and would like to smash it under my foot every single time i use it. DO NOT GET AN LG COOKIE, NOR AN LG AT ALL.

Well, mine's perfect.

If yours is in good nick, I'll buy it off you as a spare.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I use my Iphone as a phone, MP3 player, organiser, to play games etc so for me it is the best phone as it does all of those features perfectly for me.

Other people need their phones to do other/different things so the Iphone may not be right for them. I wouldn't knock people for not wanting an Iphone any more than I would knock people wanting one.

ATEOTD its personal choice innit!

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I use my Iphone as a phone, MP3 player, organiser, to play games etc so for me it is the best phone as it does all of those features perfectly for me.

Other people need their phones to do other/different things so the Iphone may not be right for them. I wouldn't knock people for not wanting an Iphone any more than I would knock people wanting one.

ATEOTD its personal choice innit!

How do you actually download the apps?

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
probably getting a Desire next week, so for the THIRD time....Whats the Music player Sound Quality like?

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
probably getting a Desire next week, so for the THIRD time....Whats the Music player Sound Quality like?

I got a HTC Desire in the end and the music player sound quality is good.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Last edited:

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
iPhone if you can afford £40 a month+.

HTC Desire if you are more in the £25 - £35 bracket.

No other options come close.

Erm I can afford either option, but choose not to. 300 quid a year at your lowest option is I think poor value, but maybe I am just a skinflint, besides I have to pay for 3 phones.

I have a Nokia E51 paid for by work, I get blackberry Email on it, plus a few games I installed for commuting, plus TomTom which I rarely use any more. I will look to upgrade later this year, to either an Android or Symbian phone, depending on what works best for me.

My other half has a Nokia 5800 on a tenner a month contract. I thought Facebook and Email over Wifi would be a key selling point, but she rarely uses either. the Free Ovi Maps is great though. I set up the destinations via a PC and the web and she just has to synch the phone and away she goes, simple PDA no 3G connection required.

Son number one has a T-mobile Pulse on pay as you go and makes full use of android over Wifi installing games, chat Email, music etc.

Son number two has a basic pay as you go phone for emergencies and will get an upgrade once he proves he can manage not to lose it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Safe, do you get a small crappy SDcard with the phone? gonna buy an 8gig one anyway just curious is all!

jmsc

Jul 19, 2003
Old Shoreham Road :o(
Obviously an iPhone...give it a another month or so and you can get the 4G version.

Why? There are no plans at present to offer a 4G service in the UK. All the service providers got their fingers burnt with the 3G contracts.

Unless you spend most of your time in America or Scandinavia, you are pissing your money down the drain!

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
How do you actually download the apps?
Via ITunes on your PC or direct from the App Store on your IPhone. Simples!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here