Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ITALIAN Restaurant of BN1/2/3shire

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've just had a very nice meal at Maroccos. It's the first day of my vacation, so I treated myself to a very nice seafood spaghetti, and a pint of Perronni. The young sultry Spanish girl with the nose ring was not serving today, but the eastern european Zoe Ball looky-likey was.

I've just had a very nice meal at Maroccos. It's the first day of my vacation, so I treated myself to a very nice seafood spaghetti, and a pint of Perronni. The young sultry Spanish girl with the nose ring was not serving today, but the eastern european Zoe Ball looky-likey was.

Marocco's is great, proper nice food.

And the eastern European give you LOADS of ice cream.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Marocco's is great, proper nice food.

And the eastern European give you LOADS of ice cream.

Indeed, but I like the determined, strained look on the Spanish girl's face as she struggles to dig me out a scoop of chocolate chip.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
It has to be Casalingo's. Proper nice grub. Good service. Never been disappointed.

Disagree about food in Italy. Found it quite basic and missing a lot of the flavours we are used to.

What is this food outlet called "Italy"?

Do they eat the same stuff in Naples as they do in Milan? Do they cook in Bologna like they cook in Bari?

Real Italian food is full of regional and local variety. That's what is missing from most Italian restaurants in England.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

Do they eat the same stuff in Naples as they do in Milan? Do they cook in Bologna like they cook in Bari?

Real Italian food is full of regional and local variety. That's what is missing from most Italian restaurants in England.

Whilst Mr B is being a smart arse, he's right on the money, I don't think I've ever been to an Italian where regional variations and specialities are available.

Most if not all serve up standard, but mostly tasty, generic pasta and pizza dishes and usually something with chicken in it as a 'speciale'.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

You're right. It's probably because the silly billys are putting sustainability and profits above authenticity. Maybe they could get a grant ???

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Holiday NOT Vacation.

SAKE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here