Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Italian in Brighton ?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
For a friend who is heading down there at the weekend, not sure I've had Italian food in Brighton.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Why oh why did they do up Al Duomo's.....that place was perfect.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Jamie's Italian in Black Lion Street.

I know it's Jamie Oliver but it is really good.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Went to Jamie's Italian last week, and I really couldn't fault it.

A really varied mix of options too, rather than just the pizza/pasta menu-by-numbers that many Italian places offer.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
La Capannina in Madeira Place did excellent food, but I haven't been there in yonks.

I like Topolino Duo and have never had a bad dish there. Very friendly staff and a clean, well lit restaurant.

Jamies` Italian,Black Lion street. Excellent,relaxed,reasonable prices and no need to book. If the fact that Jamie Oliver isn`t really Italian bothers you then `Bella Italia` is just 50 yards around the corner in East street.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Jamie's is fabuloso, if a little pricey. Great variety of stuff as mentioned above with lovely nibbly bits, steak,etc.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I like Topolino Duo and have never had a bad dish there. Very friendly staff and a clean, well lit restaurant.

Surprised at this; it's the second worst I've been to in the City (after Donatello's). Soggy, tasteless pizza and gritty, watery mussels... Thought Leonardo's just up the road was excellent though.#

I really hope we're not gonna have Donatello's on our shirts next season.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Surprised at this; it's the second worst I've been to in the City (after Donatello's). Soggy, tasteless pizza and gritty, watery mussels... Thought Leonardo's just up the road was excellent though.#

I really hope we're not gonna have Donatello's on our shirts next season.

Maybe I don't have much taste left! Has Leonardo's recovered from the coke den episode? They had a great waiter called Pepe back in the day - he must be in his late 70s by now.

Agreed on the last part.

The final topping of this thread requires Easy 10 to plough in and question why one buys a pizza from a restaurant when you can drag one out of the freezer at a fraction of the price.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
La Capannina in Madeira Place did excellent food, but I haven't been there in yonks.

Went last Saturday night - very good indeed - had a feel of 'real Italian' not just Pizza/Pasta.

Pinocchio's was always pretty good, when i lived in Btn..

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Al Duomo's used to be wonderful back in the 80's and early 90's. I finally got the chance to take my wife there a couple of years ago and it was awful, they'd completely changed the decor and the menu, what a shame.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Al Duomo's used to be wonderful back in the 80's and early 90's. I finally got the chance to take my wife there a couple of years ago and it was awful, they'd completely changed the decor and the menu, what a shame.

The chap who opened both Al Duomo and Al Forno sold them both in about the mid 90s I think.

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Pinocchios for value and atmosphere, never been disappointed there, the chefs and service are much better than at others in the chain, and Liam Brady was eating in there last time I went !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here