NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
1) Upton Park
2)Leeds United
3)Forest
4)Amex
5)St Andrews

A finished Amex would be 3rd behind the current top two.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Absolutely no doubt in my mind the Amex is the best.

I don't care what the sour losing fans of opponents say. It may be slightly lop-sided and look unfinished at the moment, but, in terms of viewing, acoustics and how it looks like from the outside, it is simply awesome.

I feel excited every time I drive by it and just love matchdays.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Haven't been to them all but based on facilities, view and atmosphere it must be one of the best - unless of course you are one of the many who love the authenticity of places like Elland Road and Portman Road.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I cant believe that people put Elland Road........unless its for History. The ground is a tired old relic of the 70's. The facilities are very poor and so is the view.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
We would be in a playoff position.

West Ham, Leeds, Forest, Saints, Brum, Derby all great grounds.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
We would be in a playoff position.

West Ham, Leeds, Forest, Saints, Brum, Derby all great grounds.

I would throw the KC into the mix too, very Amex-esque with its sloping roof, not your typical bowl. Probably at the expense of Leeds and I'm not that impressed with Brum either. Plus if you include St Marys you have to add the Kingpower as they're identical which in my view disqualifies them both for me!

The Amex will be tops once completely finished.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I went on "The Amex Tour" last night and I was amazed at facilities "below stairs".

I am going to put the Amex..........top. Maybe I am a little biased.

Will be awesome when it is finished.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Generally the newer stadiums are good, Doncasters was alright, would be better if it was full really.

London Road is probably only good because it has the terraces, apart from that it wasnt that good.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Generally the newer stadiums are good, Doncasters was alright, would be better if it was full really.

London Road is probably only good because it has the terraces, apart from that it was shit.

Fixed for you.
I still f***ing loved it though.

Oct 25, 2003
it, of course, comes down to personal opinion

cardiff, coventry, derby, leicester, middlesbrough, reading and southampton all have grounds that are fairly new and bigger than the amex

still prefer the amex though as i find the grounds listed above a bit DULL

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
London Road, Elland Road, City Ground. All are better than any new stadiums. Don't really get why people start saying "oh the facilities are rubbish", as if old-fashioned urinals are in any way as important as the atmosphere at the ground. Not to mention the fact that the toilet facilities at Amex are easily the worst of any ground I've been to!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Depends what you mean by 'best'. Facilities wise, it's probably number 1. London Road is my favourite away ground in the Championship, but it's probably just about the worst ground in the division.

But for the whole matchday experience for away fans, as far the new grounds go the Amex is probably the best. But as an away fan I'd still personally prefer going to the older ones with the history.

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
How many of those stadiums are built within the rolling hills of the countryside? How many have padded seats? How many have 2x HD jumbotrons?

I could go on....

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Depends what you mean by 'best'. Facilities wise, it's probably number 1. London Road is my favourite away ground in the Championship, but it's probably just about the worst ground in the division.

But for the whole matchday experience for away fans, as far the new grounds go the Amex is probably the best. But as an away fan I'd still personally prefer going to the older ones with the history.
Was just a general veiw of the look rather than anything else, but I do like the older style grounds. would'nt swap the Amex though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here