Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best game seen live as a 'neutral'...

HalifaxSeagull

Aug 24, 2010
What's your best match you've been to as a neutral? I'm off with a Wolves fan to the Hudds match on sat (£30 to get in!) and it got me thinking...

Been to a few cracking Bradford City matches when younger, they beat Norwich in the cup in the early 90's just a few weeks after Norwich had beaten Bayern in the Eufa cup (Jeremy Goss et al)...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It wasn't the best game but probably the most memorable game I've been to as a neutral was at The Dell for Saints v Wimbledon in February 1994.

Memorable as it was the game Le Tissier scored that amazing goal with the flick up and volley into the top corner from a 25 yard free kick. Stunning goal from a genius player.

D

Deleted member 18477

Use to go to the Emirates with my Arsenal supporting mate sometimes. Was nice to sit in a proper stadium whilst the Amex was still being built and escape the Withdean on occasions.

Arsenal 2-2 Man Utd

Arsenal 6-2 Blackburn (Fabregas master class - a joy to watch)

Also managed to see as a neutral... Wimbledon (old crazy gang), Leeds, Watford, Coventry, Newcastle, Sunderland, Bolton, Wigan, Villa, middlesborough, Stoke, AC Milan, Sampdoria, Athletico Madrid, PSG, Rangers.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Slovenia 3 - 3 Serbia and Montenegro, Charleroi Euro 2000. Slovenia blew a 3 goal lead.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Fiorentina beat Padova (I think) 6-4 ( think, may have been 7) Batistuta was immense as was Stephan Schwartz and Rui Costa

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Everton 3 West Ham 1, final game of the season for both to decide 2nd spot after Liverpool had nicked the League at Chelsea, Gary Lineker's last game in England (he scored I think), really tense atmosphere, West ham went 1-0 up fropm a Sturat Slater mazy run and fisnish, rocket (firework) missed my head by a foot fired from the Everton corner at the seats above the awy paddock - looked behind me to see Kaz an co' who it was presumably aimed at. Great game, lot's of stories and memories....

rcf0712

Out Here In The Perimeter
Feb 26, 2009
Perth, Western Australia
Everton 3 West Ham 1, final game of the season for both to decide 2nd spot after Liverpool had nicked the League at Chelsea, Gary Lineker's last game in England (he scored I think), really tense atmosphere, West ham went 1-0 up fropm a Sturat Slater mazy run and fisnish, rocket (firework) missed my head by a foot fired from the Everton corner at the seats above the awy paddock - looked behind me to see Kaz an co' who it was presumably aimed at. Great game, lot's of stories and memories....

Also, Ipswich 5 Newcastle 4 at Portman Road during the Robson era, Malcolm McDonald scored a hatrick and still lost - stood on my little home made wooden stool on the wall squashed by my old man standing behind me, packed it was, those were the days....

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Fa cup final liverpool v everton 3-2 aet the cup final after hillsboro. Quite a game and occasion.

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Saw Man Utds 8-1 away victory at Nottm Forest when Solskjaer scored 4 as a sub in about 20mins. Not so much a match, more a master class from the team that went on to win the league and European Cup. Never seen so much fighting inside a ground either. Utd fans were celebrating early equaliser early on and there were fights in all four stands kicking off. Still biggest Prem away win I think.

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
I don't know about best game, I have been to a fair few Charlton/Wimbledon games at Selhurst, as I worked on the gate back then, but I remember seeing this goal live.

[yt]GKqqkW3ymxs[/yt]

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Liverpool Auxerre in 1991. 2-0 down from the first leg, Liverpool won 3-0 with Mark Walters getting a late winner The atmosphere in the old KOP end was amazing.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A couple spring to mind.
Tottenham 3 Forest 3 in 1985/6; some sublime football from Clough's side in a game in which both sides attacked constantly
QPR 5 Newcastle 5 in 84/5; ludicrous game on a plastic pitch but great entertainment; Newcastle 4-0 up at halftime with Waddle/Beardsley rampant.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Arsenal v Man Utd fa cup 1987 ? At Highbury, att was well over 50k including over 10k Utd fans crammed into the clock end. It finished 2-1 to arsenal I think, Brian mclair missed a last min penalty. Was chaos trying to get out.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Arsenal 2 Watford 4 in the early eighties. I was at uni in London, Watford had just got into the First Division for the first time. John Barnes got a hat trick. I stood with the Watford fans and their wide eyed glee was brilliant.

Also, I popped along to The Dripping Pan to see Lewes v Weymouth in the FA Trophy a few years ago. It ended up 8-5 to Weymouth. Every time someone shot it seemed to fly into the top corner.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The first time I went to The Dell in 1984:
Southampton 8-2 Coventry.

Sheff Wed 2-2 Oldham. 35,000 in div 2, 1990 when both teams were promoted and Albion finished 5th and got to the play off final.

Wolves 2-3 Blackburn in 1991 and I was in the away end. Rovers 2 up in 20 mins, Wolves fought back to level and looked like they'd win, only for Blackburn to nick it in the last five mins.

Switzerland 2-0 Togo. Just to see Dortmund's incredible kop (which was seated for the World Cup). There were 65,000 travelling Swiss fans in a crowd of 75,000. I turned up in my Albion shirt and ended up holding a conversation about BHA with a dozen swiss in the queue for the bogs at HT. One guy had recognised the top, "supporting" the club from afar after living in Brighton for two summers to learn English. English football is held in fascination and our football culture has a lot of respect in mainland Europe.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Chelsea v Arsenal 2-3

Can't remember the year, 1999 maybe? Chelsea were two up. Then Arsenal went for it, Overmars, Bergkamp, Henry, Suker & Kanu up front i think. Kanu hattrick, with that amazing 3rd goal, prolly the best goal i've seen live.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Some stick out.....Palace v Man Utd ( years ago )..Palace 2 up early...Best and Law then got 5 goals between them before easing off....think it finished 3-5.....Reading v Plymouth ( 80's )...Plymouth 3 up at HT ( Gary Nelson on fire )...Reading win 4-3 courtesy of Kevin Bremner and Trevor Senior....Burnley v Wolves at Wembley...two proud clubs ( both in bottom division !! ) contesting a minor cup final in front of 90,000....Chelsea 3 Tottenham 2 LC Semi-Final...nearly 60,000 crammed into Stamford Bridge...Osgood was like a man possessed...awesome....dragging his team back from a losing position....Bayern Munich v Hamburg...Beckenbauer, Gerd Muller, Sepp Maier etc..need I say more....walking up to the Olympic Stadium and seeing the approach road called the " Lillian Board Strasse " was truly moving.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was at Tottenham v Man City FA cup game in 2004 when Tottenham went 3 up by half time and Joey Barton got sent off as the players walked to the tunnel for the break. Down to 10, City came back to win 4-3, Macken getting the winner. Only got tickets as I was expecting to see Zamora play and he got sold the week before. Helga Postiga pulled up with pulled muscle after about 2 minutes right in front of us. Great game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here