Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best game ever, on the ZX Spectrum 48k...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
turbo_esprit.gif

Turbo Esprit was MARVELLOUS
(loving this thread btw Kosh. Nostalgia CENTRAL)

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Classics. I used to be so envious of one friend who not only had a speccy 48k but also a printer.

In the end I got a commodore 64 and was envious again when I stayed with a family in Germany. They had a commodore 64, floppy drive, printer and Simon's basic.

I was amazed at how quickly the games loaded up.

http://www.boohayfarm.co.uk/forum/uploads/SteveB/2005-05-01_134255_Commodore_C64_Floppy_Drive.jpg

http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/printer/h/mps801.jpg

http://pix.tinchens-online-shop.com/09_03_05/C64Cart_03.jpg

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh god! Gauntlet was frigging ace!

I'm pretty sure Gauntlet 2, allowed you to play two player (which I did with my bro)... I also seem to recall you could choose to be a Warrior, Wizard or a Dwarf... It's no wonder I'm a Prog. head!

Attachments

• Gauntlet_2_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg
    Gauntlet_2_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 158

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Hyper Sports: responsible for wearing out many a letter on my keyboard. Started off with QAOP, then moved onto WSUI, then EDTY...

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
what about elite

was that on 128k

i dont care, that was the best, rumours been going around for years that its coming back and the chap has been working on it for about 10 parsecs

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Manic miner. Reckon you could complete it without cheating, been playing it emulated on my ds and I've got up to level 11 with no dying. That one with the computer chips and stuff flying about does me though.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Louts, yep, and Spy Hunter... God I'm nearly in tears...

There was a game (something) woods or something, where you had to fight various dudes a screen at a time... God I loved that game! What the hell was it called?

Kosh

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Penetrator !

penetrator.png

Last edited:

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
What was the name of that cricket game where pretty much all you had to do was answer the question "Run Y/N"?

Sounds shit but it was quality!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
what about elite

was that on 128k

i dont care, that was the best, rumours been going around for years that its coming back and the chap has been working on it for about 10 parsecs

there is one downloadable version on the web. works brilliantly, the BBC version.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
God Elite! That wasn't a game, it was more than that, it drew you in... it owned you.

Proof if nothing else, that shit looking games were perhaps, day I say it... more fun.

Kosh

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What was the name of that cricket game where pretty much all you had to do was answer the question "Run Y/N"?

Sounds shit but it was quality!

Test Match + One Day Cricket

cricket.png

cricket2.png

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Matchday
Atic Atac

Wasnt first version of Barbarian on Spectrum?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here