Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best game and atmosphere this season I'd say

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That's because it was a 3pm Saturday kick off. Midweek games suck.

Correct. Going to football straight from work when it's freezing cold knowing I've got to get up early again is a pretty good way to kill my enthusiasm.

Yesterday was the opposite - time for a few beers before the game and everyone was bang up for it

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
the atmosphere yesterday was helped with the early goal and us playing really well and it was the best its been for a while and i thought the leicester fans were so quite

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
What I found rather refreshing was the fact that the atmosphere was excellent from the start. It didn't need a goal to wake the crowd up today.

Mostly because all the players were giving 100% from kick-off. None of them were on Tuesday.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
thought b block wsu very good and south stand,still nothing from east and north stand cant be heard from where we are

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
The players went at it full steam ahead which I think the crowd responded to, there was one part of the game where the players chased down every pass Leicester made and the crowd went crazy, it was brilliant, reminded me of the first season at The Amex.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Players and fans knew that this was a massive game after Tuesday's debacle. Immensely enjoyable game and one that could have slipped away when Leicester scored. They had me very worried for a few minutes after the goal. Thing I love about Oscar is that he doesn't try and shut up shop. Dare I say we would have been backs to the wall from the Leicester goal to the end of the game last season without being accused of being a Poyet hater?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Players and fans knew that this was a massive game after Tuesday's debacle. Immensely enjoyable game and one that could have slipped away when Leicester scored. They had me very worried for a few minutes after the goal. Thing I love about Oscar is that he doesn't try and shut up shop. Dare I say we would have been backs to the wall from the Leicester goal to the end of the game last season without being accused of being a Poyet hater?

No you can say that objectively. We sat deep during the difficult period and Oscar responded by sending on Lua Lua and encouraging us to hit on the break, and fair play to him for it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Best performance at the Amex ever I reckon. A fantastic and fun afternoon.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It was the first time this season that i felt the players had the faith in themselves to battle where necessary, but with the ball in possession a skill level that had us back to playing with a composed flair that we've spent the season without. We were lent a favour by a half-hearted Leicester for much of it, although even with moments of being under the kosh we didn't seem second-best. The starting XI i had doubts over, but they proved us non-believers wrong. I loved it all working and i pray with all my unholy heart that we'll feed off of that victory and style in which we did it to continue with an attacking coolness and a lust for goals that has us all rocking.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Didn't think the atmosphere was anything special, to be honest. Leicester fans might as well have been a mural for all the support they gave their team, despite there being a decent number of them there. Albion fans were less quiet than on Tuesday, but not so much so.

There's always one...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here