Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best fun ever

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
This afternoon I went to the roller skate rink in Shoreham - I was scared stiff - haven't been on roller boots for 25 years but was itching to have a go - anyway after a lot of persuasion from a mates husband and my partner - I donned a pair of roller skates and off I went.

Had a fantastic time - bit like riding a bike I think - but great fun - will definitely be going back and for a £5 you get three hours skating and that includes your skate hire!!!

Must be good exercise too I guess - reckon my muscles are gonna ache like f*** tomorrow!!!!!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You won't be able to move tomorrow.

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
This afternoon I went to the roller skate rink in Shoreham - I was scared stiff - haven't been on roller boots for 25 years but was itching to have a go - anyway after a lot of persuasion from a mates husband and my partner - I donned a pair of roller skates and off I went.

Had a fantastic time - bit like riding a bike I think - but great fun - will definitely be going back and for a £5 you get three hours skating and that includes your skate hire!!!

Must be good exercise too I guess - reckon my muscles are gonna ache like f*** tomorrow!!!!!
surprised you have got any money left:D

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We live in Shoreham and I haven't been yet! Sounds like fun - may take the little man down tomorrow! Do they have a web site or anything I can look up times?

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
We are in Shoreham too -

They do have a website but it's crap to be honest.

Www.GYSOdisco.co.uk

We have always gone 3 til 6.

It's in the old parcel force warehouse - its very industrial inside and if your going to go and watch make sure you wrap up as its cold in there - there is a place to get a coffee though and a bar now too to get a beer!!!

If your skating you get really hot!!

There are plenty of skate guards down there and if anyone falls over they are there straight away making sure that the kids are ok - great fun - you'll enjoy it - we did

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
We are in Shoreham too -

They do have a website but it's crap to be honest.

Www.GYSOdisco.co.uk

We have always gone 3 til 6.

It's in the old parcel force warehouse - its very industrial inside and if your going to go and watch make sure you wrap up as its cold in there - there is a place to get a coffee though and a bar now too to get a beer!!!

If your skating you get really hot!!

There are plenty of skate guards down there and if anyone falls over they are there straight away making sure that the kids are ok - great fun - you'll enjoy it - we did

Excellent - thanks for the advice - we may walk down tomorrow or monday! Little man had just gone to bed so I'll ask him in the morning.

Lady Gull

Aug 6, 2011
West sussex
How old is he? They have no fear - half an hour and he will be bombing round!!!

Millie is 7 and normally useless at stuff like this - her legs are too long (takes after me obviously) - she can trip over a match stick - her nickname in our house is bambi!!! She practiced on the carpet first for half an hour and then she went on the rink - now she slides round there like something out of starlight express!!!! Amazed me.

You can walk round with them - they don't mind that at all.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
How old is he? They have no fear - half an hour and he will be bombing round!!!

Millie is 7 and normally useless at stuff like this - her legs are too long (takes after me obviously) - she can trip over a match stick - her nickname in our house is bambi!!! She practiced on the carpet first for half an hour and then she went on the rink - now she slides round there like something out of starlight express!!!! Amazed me.

You can walk round with them - they don't mind that at all.

He's 6 - I think he'll love it as long as its considered cool! :lol:

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I wanted to go and live in Shoreham but no one in my family is interested.

Even got my own set of blades as well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here