Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Festival line up this Summer.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Interesting point about the DJ line up....on the big stages I think this has become increasingly weak at Glasto. This year is very ropey. That said, there is always some nutty stuff going off in one of the smaller tents. Block9 and NY Downlow have some good stuff programmed. And I remember dancing around to some excellent techno in a huge pin ball machine one year.

This will be my first time at Glasto as I'm more of a dance music fan anyway. I think I'll probably spend most of the time doing the festival stuff away from the main stages and looking in the dance village for some dirty techno/electro. I won't really know until I get there though, I suppose anything could happen after a few sherberts

arkan

Jan 26, 2010
Sittingbourne
For me the best line up would be Rototom Sunsplash (biggest reggae festival outside of JA) or Dour Festival in Belgium (mainly electronic/dubstep/reggae) alas both i cant attend.
However i am going to One Love Festival (reggae festival in North London) lineup isnt amazing, no massive acts from JA, but its better than nothing.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This will be my first time at Glasto as I'm more of a dance music fan anyway. I think I'll probably spend most of the time doing the festival stuff away from the main stages and looking in the dance village for some dirty techno/electro. I won't really know until I get there though, I suppose anything could happen after a few sherberts

If it's dirty techno and electro then check out Arcadia. Check this from last year [YT]ut_NL_aUMCw[/YT]

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Arcadia is f***ing MENTAL. I nearly cried after seeing it at full pelt for the first time, no shit. I was a few sheets to the wind and that but still, it blows you away.

DJ Zinc tore the place down last year, me and a few mates didn't know what to do with ourselves, it was SO SO GOOD.

Yes, Arcadia is pretty much THE SHIT.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
I'll go with Sonisphere too. The big 4 plus the return of Slipknot - cant wait!

Off to Download tomorrow. Not the strongest line-up this year but it's always a good laugh.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Arcadia is f***ing MENTAL. I nearly cried after seeing it at full pelt for the first time, no shit. I was a few sheets to the wind and that but still, it blows you away.

DJ Zinc tore the place down last year, me and a few mates didn't know what to do with ourselves, it was SO SO GOOD.

Totally agree with all of this, at full tilt it's probably the most insane thing I've witnessed in music.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
You've missed it - Primavera Sound in Barcelona:

Pulp, The National, Flaming Lips, P.I.L, Grinderman, Interpol, Mercury Rev, Mogwai, PJ Harvey, The Walkmen, Sufjan Stevens, Suicide, John Cale, Swans, Jon Spencer Blues Explosion, Yuck, Battles, Factory Floor, Bearsuit, Belle & Sebastian, Caribou, Galaxie 500, Deerhunter, Echo & The Bunnymen, Einstürzende Neubauten, Explosions In the Sky, Gold Panda, Islet, Kurt Vile, Male Bonding, Of Montreal, Pere Ubu, Shellac, The Monochrome Set, Comet Gain...

Best festival ever!

Went to this and you're right, it absolutely pisses over any other festival in the world in terms of quality of line up. Quite why no other festival can seem to get anywhere near as good undercard as Primavera is weird.

As for UK ones, I'm not massively impressed with any of them this year. Used to go to Green Man but the line up is very dull this year. Bestival has lots of good stuff on it, but also lots of shite - plus I'd be a bit worried going to any festival with a bunch of Pendulum fans given that they are generally the biggest dickheads in the world! Quite like End of the Road line up, but the problem there is that the undercard is full of samey singer-songwriters.

The only other one I would really like to go to is Field Day in Victoria Park, London. The problem with this is that the date for it is....6th August 2011! Don't think so!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Gutted too have missed out on tix. Maybe next year.

Are you going?

No. This years looked INSANELY good. Every year I think it's perfect, but every year after it seems to get better. I made a PACT with a friend that we would definitely go one year, and we still haven't got round to it.

Have you been before?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Went to this and you're right, it absolutely pisses over any other festival in the world in terms of quality of line up. Quite why no other festival can seem to get anywhere near as good undercard as Primavera is weird.

Not quite right. Best in Europe perhaps, but Coachella pisses all over Primavera. To give you an idea, Foals were roughly the 40th band down the list this year.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19

I flipped my wig heading there late night after many beers and a few extras. Absolutely bonkers. Incredible to see though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here