Premiership - best songs - Man Utd, generally best Man City
Champ - Wolves
L1 - Leeds
L2 - Port fail

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Have to say I disagree with the comments about Wolves.

Yes they take a lot to away games, and yes they get 25,000 every home league match. But the fans are fickle and generally unsupportive.

They shout 'shoot' every time their team has possesion - much to Mick McCarthy's annoyance and they often boo players (even more than some sections of the Withdean crowd!). They slag off their players regularly (I have sat in the 'South Bank' and heards this for myself) even when they are having a good game.

Afte last weeks game, Mick McCarthy actualy said they he wishes the boo boys in the Molineux croud did not bother turning up again.

Oh - and we outsang them for 90 minutes when we lost 1-0 on the last away game of the season a couple of seasons ago.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Wouldn't say Leeds. Yes they might have large numbers going to league 1 games, but so did Notts Forest or Sheff weds. Besides which I cant stand em.

My vote goes to Man City. Forever in the shadow of Man Utd, haven't won a bean in years and yet still turn up in their thousands in whatever league to see them play.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
In the days when Brighton were in the top division when we went to away games you knew that really the home fans were just watching a humdrum, run-of-the-mill, bog-standard League game. In other words when the fixtures were published the fans of Arsenal, Man U, Liverpool, etc hadn't eagerly scanned the list to find out when the home game with Brighton was.

Basically they didn't really have anything to get worked up about; we weren't rivals and they were expecting to win. Consequently they weren't at their most passonate; I remember being very disappointed with the atmosphere at Anfield, Old Trafford, Goodison etc. (I also remember being disappointed with the piss-poor Albion away following but that's another story).

However the exception to this was Sunderland. The Sunderland fans created a trememdous atmosphere at Roker Park, not sure what they're like now at the Stadium of Light, but any team who call themselves 'the black cats' are probably a bit wet.

EDIT: In recent years, going to matches to watch Newcastle I'd say the most passionate modern fans are Chelsea. Yes, really. At Stamford Bridge the singing comes from all four sides of the ground and they've got an incredible array of songs. Frankly they put us to shame, despite the fact that most of them are probably johnny-come-lateleys from Berkshire and Sussex.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
EDIT: In recent years, going to matches to watch Newcastle I'd say the most passionate modern fans are Chelsea. Yes, really. At Stamford Bridge the singing comes from all four sides of the ground and they've got an incredible array of songs. Frankly they put us to shame, despite the fact that most of them are probably johnny-come-lateleys from Berkshire and Sussex.

Anyone remember the Chelsea fan leading loads of the singing in the North Stand on Fans Utd day?
:bowdown::clap::bowdown:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Accrington Stanley fans are pretty good - they sing a lot and seem to have a good time.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Newcastle? Newcastle? Short memories some people. Have a look at their average home attendance in 1990/91 – 16,879. And it just scraped 16,000 in 1980. Don't be fooled by this media obsession with Newcastle being the most loyal fans in the world blah de blah. They're just as fickle as the rest of us, and for that reason, even though I say this through gritted teeth, it's Leeds for me. Right, now I must go and shower.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
in england, Huddersfield Town.....truly marvellous passionate fans.

In the world, Holland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here