Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Boston game

W:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I came to work for a week for the first time in 11 months and 10 days last week. I hadn't called in personally to tell work i was in a coma last November and probably couldn't make it in on Monday to seal envelopes or make jokes about how dead my dad is. They were very understanding though and respected my choice of spasticitis instead of bodily old age and sour childish jest.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The best excuse i ever used and one the boss never even asked for a medical certificate for cause i think he was too embarrassed was....

"Hi Boss, gotta go into the Dr's my left testicles gone up into my stomach and i can't get it back down."

Worked a treat and had a lovely day at the beach that day.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Tyrone Biggums said:
"Hi Boss, gotta go into the Dr's my left testicles gone up into my stomach and i can't get it back down."

That's one for the memory bank! :clap:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ghanaian lad I once worked with phoned in sick one day claiming to be in the grip of a 'general malaise'. He was known as General Malaise from that day on. :D

Last edited:

I bunked off work once by saying i had a dodgy stomach. Got caught coming back from the kebab shop later that evening by the bosses son. Managed to convince him my kebab was actually a doctors prescription :lolol:

Last edited:

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
I was once late for work becuase there was a dead body in my doorway!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I once knew a guy who used these 3 little gems for being late in.

Taking my kid school he broke his shoe lace, so I had to give him one of mine then wait for the shops to open so I could buy some more.

Taking the dog for a walk, he lurched after a poodle and as he was still on the lead I suffered whiplash.

And my favourite of his......Getting ready for work in the bathroom, I used too much moisturiser on my hands and couldn't open the bathroom door
:lolol:

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
British Bulldog said:
The summer of 1986 I had to go sick for a month because I got attacked by a caterpillar that fell out of my apple tree when I was mowing the lawn. The bleeding thing left me with a chicken pox type rash all over my body & the doctor told me to cover myself all over in calamine lotion, Needed anti biotics as well. As it coincided with the world cup nobody at work believed me.
Did you have butterflies in your stomach before calling work!!!!!:jester:

Last edited:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I used to work with a guy who phoned in and said he couldn't come in as he had no dry underwear. Not strictly a sickie but funny nontheless.

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Just say your son/daughter is ill and you have to stay home to look after them.

In the spirit of equal work life balance there is not alot they can say!

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
The "on the blob" excuse works like a treat everytime

"I can't come to work because I'm menstruating"??

Wouldn't wash with me, lassie.

I phoned my employer on Friday and told them I was having a week off because I'd broken my elbow tripping over a fence. Sadly for me, this was true :angry: :jester:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
walking to work some tine ago, i once found a handbag on the pavement, with its contents spilt all over.. i wanted to do the decent thing and return to the owner, but house was opposite direction..

that was better option, than walking through the centre of brighton with a handbag i am sure!

sadly all the cash had been nicked, but the grateful lady gave me a can of drink as thanks- a good deed for the day.

crappy boss didnt understand at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here