Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best ever away fans at Withdean

Oct 2, 2008
In the spirit of carrying on the Withean retrospective on here, which group of away fans have most impressed you at Withdean ?. I missed the FC United game which might be a candidate but I`ll kick off with two suggestions:

Oldham a couple of seasons ago. Came down in large numbers , sang their hearts out and not a single homophobic chant.

Swansea in their championship year. Packed out the away end and made lots of noise.

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing
FCUM might be a candidate? Definite winners for me.

Other than that, Coventry for me are probably the biggest surprise in terms of volume, although Leeds and Stoke are loud.

Oct 2, 2008
FCUM might be a candidate? Definite winners for me.

Other than that, Coventry for me are probably the biggest surprise in terms of volume, although Leeds and Stoke are loud.

Yes, might be a candidate because , as I said, I missed the game (and hence cannot comment). Agree with the other three, Stoke in particular (Delilah at full volume really is very impressive)

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
I remember Barnet in the fog. Couldn't see them, but they had brilliant rendition of twist and shout!

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
I remember Millwall making a lot of noise with there "noone likes us we dont care, we are millwall blah blah" had it in my head for days after the game

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
and then some. Withdean was rocking that night.

that night? FCUM that afternoon were definetely the best by a long long way.

I seem to remember Norwich in the first Championship season being very noisy. In general I think the away fans were noisier when they were in the family stand (for obvious reasons).

Cornish seagull!

Nov 18, 2010
Cornwall
Ive only been to 2 games but FCUM were one of them. They went for 90 mins and on what ive seen and heard they deserve the gold

Sir Norman Gull

Where's my poncho?
Mar 28, 2008
Location Location
Definitely FCUM-a young lad in front of me said to his dad ' Daddy I want to be in that end!'

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think we all wanted to go and be in the away end that game.

FCUM were quite brilliant and we have never come close to that sort of support

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here