• Sven Goran Eriksson

Votes: 25 51.0%
  • Steve McClownren

Votes: 1 2.0%

• Total voters

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
But Sven Statistcally is England's best manager. The main reason that any England manager will not achieve anything is because the players are not good enough

Surely our players are good enough but they got rich and lazy? Perhaps Joey Barton described this best with his "We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like shit, here's my book" quote.

Probably the only good thing McClaren's done so far was to drop Beckham when he took over, demonstrating that none of them are sacred. Beckham's got a bit more hunger about him now.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Venables constantly gets the rose-tinted spectacles treatment. He only managed England for one tournament, one where we had home advantage. We played five games: we're poor against Switzerland, poor against Scotland, good against Holland (although it was subsequently revealed that the Dutch were virtually at war with each other), lucky against Spain and good against Germany. It's not a fantastic record and I really don't understand why he's so rated - I can only assume it's because he's a bit of a character; doesn't make him a good manager though.

Hoddle on the other hand is a bit under-rated: he was putting together a decent team and might have done well if he hadn't opened his big mouth.

would agree with all of that. It's a shame Hoddle is such a twat. Venables seems to always get the cheeky chappy bit of a lad vote:yawn:

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Surely our players are good enough but they got rich and lazy? Perhaps Joey Barton described this best with his "We got beat in the quarter-finals, I played like shit, here's my book" quote.

Probably the only good thing McClaren's done so far was to drop Beckham when he took over, demonstrating that none of them are sacred. Beckham's got a bit more hunger about him now.

I think they are overated. You don't see the likes of Barcelona and Real Madrid wanting to spend millions for their services. Its a sad truth that they play well for their clubs because of the foriegn players around them. When they play for England they are just ordinary. Saying they are rich and lazy is just covering up the sad state of English football

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here