Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Finance] Best energy supplier

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Another vote for Octopus. Easy to send monthly readings, clear monthly statements, cheap and I find them incredibly responsive on Twitter if I ever need to ask something.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Another Bulb fan. Got £50 credit and gave Richard Herring £50 credit by using his code as a thank you for all the years of podcasts.

Recidivist

Apr 28, 2019
Worthing
Happy with Avro. Pretty simple to use and efficient.

Stay away from Lumo at all costs though. Dreadful company with rubbish app and impossible to speak to anyone unless you fancy phoning Australia....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think it is not so much 'best' but 'less shit'

I've been with Bulb for a while now and the app just works, if you give monthly readings you get an accurate bill and easy to amend DD. They even give you a 'recommended' level to cover the year peaks / troughs which seems accurate. Never had to use customer services.

Definitely seek out someone with a referral link - seems to be £50 at the moment

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Just about to switch energy supplier.

Does anyone have a referral code for Bulb as will probably go to them?

Please PM - if several arrive, I will use the first one.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I think it is not so much 'best' but 'less shit'

I've been with Bulb for a while now and the app just works, if you give monthly readings you get an accurate bill and easy to amend DD. They even give you a 'recommended' level to cover the year peaks / troughs which seems accurate. Never had to use customer services.

Definitely seek out someone with a referral link - seems to be £50 at the moment
This! Very easy to use. Just did an annual comparison and the most I could save was £5 a year with Octopus. Not really worth changing but it looks like octopus and Bulb are the best ones to save cash.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Chesterfield
Igloo here, but I'm biased because I also work for them. BUT we have fantastic reviews, guaranteed service timescales and are very transparent with our pricing. We only offer a variable rate tariff though, so not ideal for everyone

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Very impressed with Bulb so far.

Bulb is fine until you need support. Then it gets ... shall we say, not so great? I switched away from Bulb mid October last year. Final bill came through first week of November, they overcharged me by more than £100 (long story behind why, but it was 100% their fault and completely preventable). Then took 7 weeks to correct their error, with a couple of missteps along the way. Most of that 7 weeks was taken up by them doing diddly squat because they don't employ enough staff to get through email help requests at any sort of reasonable speed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here