John HENRY Bonham
Ringo Starr - seriously

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Man of Harveys said:
Ringo Starr - seriously

As Lennon once remarked "Best Drummer in the world? He isn't even the best drummer in the band!" McCartney is in fact a very talented drummer.

Although Ringo is excellent in 'Yesterday'.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Trouble with all these things is it depends whether you like the person concerned's music doesn't it ? I would agree with pretty much all of the posts here but for different reasons. Is it about technique, quality of music or personality ?

For example, technically I would have said that John McGlouglan was the best guitarist I have ever heard technically but his music I find pretty dull.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Biscuit said:
As Lennon once remarked "Best Drummer in the world? He isn't even the best drummer in the band!" McCartney is in fact a very talented drummer.

Although Ringo is excellent in 'Yesterday'.
McCartney is a great drummer - as Keith Moon once told him. But Lennon's wisecrack is just that.

The two best I've seen (and I do think percussion, more than any other instrument, can only be properly appreciated live) are Chris Cutler and Chris Corsano.

The latter frightens me - the first time I saw him he was 26 and mind-bogglingly good. Now he's 30, and he just keeps getting better. I saw him earlier this year in a really, really eerie envirnoment - Hamilton Mausoleum, the building with the longest echo in Europe. One of his many collaborative projects, Dream Aktion Unit, have just released their first album (a live recording of a concert I had the pleasure of being at), and it's wonderful.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Tyrone Biggums said:
It's one thing to drum with two hands and have a hit.

It's another to do it with one arm.

Ladies and Gentlemen i give you......

Rick Allen

200px-Rallen2.jpg

We have a winner. :bowdown:

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
From the 70s/80s Budgie from the Banshees is not a bad call.

Or Benny Staples from The Woodentops, one of the very few from that era who actually "played" the drums rather than tapped out a monotonous rhythm.

Probably Keith Moon overall though.

I saw the guy from Def Leppard when he still had two arms, and he was incredibly shit then - did he become twice as shit or half as shit later?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here