Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best drop-off points for getting to Amex?

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
I'll be coming down the A23 tomorrow, and need somewhere for the missus to drop me off before she heads on to Shoreham.

Obviously, I don't expect to be dropped off at the stadium, but what are the best alternatives so I can then pick up a P&R bus, normal bus, train or walk?

Stupid question - if she goes into one of the P&R sites to drop me off (eg. Mill Road), can she get straight out again? I wouldn't be very popular if she got trapped and had to wait for them to open the exit after the game! punish:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
She could drop you pretty close to the stadium if you wanted, in Village Way?

Alternatively why not the BP garage at the bottom of Mill Road, then she can go straight back on to the A27.

DanielT

she could drop you at the BP garage at the bottom of Mill Road - but I have never got the P&R there, so am not sure if the buses are at the bottom or the top of the road. If it's at the top, she could drop you at the coffee bar just in dyke road

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
She could drop you pretty close to the stadium if you wanted, in Village Way?

Would she not get caught in traffic? Hoping to be there by 1pm, but depends on state of M1/M23/M23 from Leicester.

Alternatively why not the BP garage at the bottom of Mill Road, then she can go straight back on to the A27.

Do the buses stop running if/when the P&R is full? Sounds like it could be full by 1:30pm - 2pm.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Would she not get caught in traffic? Hoping to be there by 1pm, but depends on state of M1/M23/M23 from Leicester.

Do the buses stop running if/when the P&R is full? Sounds like it could be full by 1:30pm - 2pm.

I think the traffic comes and goes, from what I've seen so far. Sometimes it's looked really busy on the A27 (against Gillingham was one, but then for an evening game arrivals are condensed into a much smaller time frame because of people leaving work), sometimes it's been fine. Either way, she could probably be in and out within ten minutes at worst. I think!

Not sure on the timings for the P&R buses as I haven't used it apart from for the SSCF game. They go from the top of the road- or wherever the cars are parked up until that point.

Failing that, if she could get you to Lewes Road somewhere you could jump on a bus. Someone on here will remember the route number I'm sure :)

Or if you get really stuck, get her to drop you at Hassocks Station then it's a quick hop to Brighton & change for Falmer and she doesn't even need to think about the Brighton traffic.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Thanks Edna!

BTW, I assume the "drop-off" scenario is quite common. What does anyone else do?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Away end, they're always dropping points... boom boom

I'll get me coat...

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Your best bet would be to get dropped off at sx uni and you can use the underpass to get to the stadium. Ir will take a couple of minutes from bottom of A23. Your wife can go over the a27 flyover to get back on the other carriageway. The slip rd to go over the A27 can get busy but not too bad if you just want to get back on other side.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
If you want bonus points from the wife, you can get a football special from shoreham, allowing her to go straight there rather detour to drop you off.

Brighton Hove Bus and Coach Company Route S, scroll down for times.

Thanks Acker - always in need of bonus points from the wife. Don't know if we'll be down in time for the last bus from Shoreham, but some of the other routes might work. Handy info for future matches.

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Your best bet would be to get dropped off at sx uni and you can use the underpass to get to the stadium. Ir will take a couple of minutes from bottom of A23. Your wife can go over the a27 flyover to get back on the other carriageway. The slip rd to go over the A27 can get busy but not too bad if you just want to get back on other side.

I'm not sure that there's an A27 drop-off point at UoS. Would it be better to stay in the car whilst your wife goes over the Falmer flyover (could be sticky by the way) and get out either in the flyover jam or at the station bus stop as she heads off back west? The next question is: where does she pick you up?

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
I'm not sure that there's an A27 drop-off point at UoS. Would it be better to stay in the car whilst your wife goes over the Falmer flyover (could be sticky by the way) and get out either in the flyover jam or at the station bus stop as she heads off back west? The next question is: where does she pick you up?

well there's a bus stop both sides of the road so i would use that. At the 2 matches i've been to and getting the bus from/to Lewes, plenty of cars are using the bus stops for dropping off & picking up on both sides.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yet another possibility is to ask her to take you down the A23 as far as the London Road shops, walk round to the back of St.Peter's Church, then catch a 25, 28 or 29 service bus direct to the stadium ... your being overwhelmed with possibilities lol.

ants4t

Jun 17, 2011
For the Donny match, my dad's girlfriend dropped us of at stanmer park and managed to retreat just as quickly. We did come down Coldean lane though instead of following the a27 to falmer but it was an easy route.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Yet another possibility is to ask her to take you down the A23 as far as the London Road shops, walk round to the back of St.Peter's Church, then catch a 25, 28 or 29 service bus direct to the stadium ... your being overwhelmed with possibilities lol.

Yes, stop it everyone - I'll be using a different method for every match this season!

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
As long as you don't try and drop off / pick up on the doorstep of the stadium I'm sure you'll be OK. I personally would get dropped off at Mill Road and get the P&R bus there and the Shoreham direct bus back!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here