Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Day of your life

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Bromley Shrimps post that Newcastle away was the best day of his life has got me thinking.

Not having had kids or been married yet so there are many days that are up there for various reasons but I think (as sad as it may be) that I choose the play off final as the best day of my life. From the moment I woke up to the moment I finally went to bed , that day was absolutely spot on from start to finish.

What's your's ?

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Birth of my Son wins it hands down but form a footbaling perspective the play off final was the best I reckon.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Difficult one to call:

Personally: the birth of my first child Ben in 1984

Professionally: winning a major national journalism award exactly 10 years later

Football: Albion beating Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield in 1982 with Andy Ritchie scoring

Culturally: Folowing Bob Dylan aroudn Europe in 1989

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
The best day is yet to come at Falmer.

Not really, but it sounds good.

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
sounds corny, but one of the best days of my life was watching my best friend in the world get married

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
ive never understood how the birth of your first child can be the best day. Hanging around in a hospital , wearing a dodgy plastic hat , getting called names by your Mrs ..... surely ranks as the worst :dunce:

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Not the best ever day. But an epic day nonetheless. Last Sunday - the Horsham U16 Plate final. I manage my sons team (see previous threads). We lost the match (0-1 in extra time), but the lads played so well and so enjoyed the day it was fantastic. The match was so tense as we were playing our local rivals who go to the same school as our lot and were openly predicting their dealing out a thrashing. To see our lads stepping up when it really mattered was a real pleasure - and did make it a great day.

See some photos on:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36556534@N00/sets/72057594123084268/

(you'd think I'd know how to insert a url after all these years .................)

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thin Lizzy Live Brighton Centre 1978

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
birth of my twin boys in 2003
birth of my third son in 2005

bloody marvellous

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You'll meet Ting Tong next Friday, I can introduce her to you if you like and tell her how complimentary you have been about her

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Personally: the birth of my children

Professionally: working at the Britsh Museum - gave it up to spend more time with the kids

Football:Italy 0 England 0 Rome 1997

Culturally: Seeing the clash, misty in roots and joy divsion on many ocasions

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Finally kissing a girl I liked, on my gap year. On a balcony, overlooking a valley with sheet lightening illuminating the Ecuadorean sky.

She said she had never made the first move before and it shocked her. It was my last night there and had to leave for England the next day. Nothing happened after it, but without sounding soppy, that was the best day of my life.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
My eleventh birthday - May 1983. Got up early, was given two subbuteo teams - Liverpool (who I then supported) and Tottenham. I pointed out that the two teams were playing that day and my Mum said "yes and you're going". I couldn't believe it, I'd hardly been north of London and the only games I had been to were on the chicken run at the Goldstone (and the Albion always beat Liverpool in those days!)

I was in The Kop. Glenn Hoddle scored a screamer in front of the Kop to make it 1-0 at half time, but goals from Whelan, Rush and Dalglish (my all time footballing hero) made it 3-1 and Liverpool won the title. AWESOME!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
BarrelofFun said:
Finally kissing a girl I liked, on my gap year. On a balcony, overlooking a valley with sheet lightening illuminating the Ecuadorean sky.

She said she had never made the first move before and it shocked her. It was my last night there and had to leave for England the next day. Nothing happened after it, but without sounding soppy, that was the best day of my life.

43822.gif

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
no ones put when they got laid ?

mine was under a pier so wasnt even considered ( the seaweed was in )

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Probably the day I was born.

It's all gone a bit down hill sinse then!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here