Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Christmas Present

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
A squeeky Ivor the Engine toy with a baby's toothbrush in the funnel. I was 18 at the time. My (batty) aunt had heard that babies' toothbrushes were better for the teeth. My older brothers all got beer-making kits from her and I thought that the prezzies had got mixed up and somewhere there was a little kiddy opening a beermaking kit. My mum had to tell me though that it wasn't a mistake and my uncle had nearly divored his wife over the issue. He should have really. He'd only married her for her looks and they were well past it.

But I still laugh about it all these years later, so it was pretty good really.

:lolol:

ivor1.jpg

Lord Cornwallis

Dust my pants
Jul 9, 2003
Across the pond
Christmas day 1980, 11.15am. My daughter Kimberley.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
1983 or 84, my Sinclair Spectrum+. I was soooo desperate for it, but my dad nearly gave me heart failure when I unwrapped a Kempston joystick for it, and he said "we'll get you the computer for your birthday son"...my birthday is in OCTOBER. I nodded, tried to put a brave face on and not look gutted, but I nearly cried. Then another present miraculously appeared from behind the tree....the joy and relief when I unwrapped my Spectrum was amazing.

A happy childhood. :)

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
My 2nd snowboard back in 1997, Assassin Schindler or something, wandered into the shop with the old man in tow and was about to hand over the cash when he says "I'll get this"....nice :smokin:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
1980's

Optimus Prime AND Megatron!!

I ended up with two presents that year as I wanted Megatron but they couldn't find it anywhere. They got me optimus prime instead. At the last minute a shop phoned up my Mum and said they had got one in!

GET IN!

my sister STILL hasn't forgiven me.

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Popped my cherry on Christmas Day. Just beats my Commodore 64 into 2nd place.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
A Merlin. A large red flashing beeping thing that looked like a clunky phone handset but you could play early (about 1978? 79?) computer games on it. It looked like something that had just arrived out of the future and the games were good too.

Either that or a "Race And Chase" - a Scalextric variant where the cars could change direction and get after each other. Is there anything so wrong with REALLY fancying an afternoon off work to play on a car racing game now? I simply could not imagine anything better.

D

Deleted User X18H

Spiros said:
Circa 1978 - Lima train set with numerous locos, track, stations, etc. Still got it in my attic even now (though it's back in the boxes).

Boxing Day late 70s - ritual 3-0 stuffing of Palace with Wardy running rings round fat Jim Cannon. Even better than the train set
If that is a diesel loco No 65** somthing and three carriges and is boxed could be worth a fair bit.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
A Sears Table Hockey game I got when I lived in Canada in 1971, when I was 12. I still play it with my daughter and friends and it plays as well as ever. After 33 years practice I am pretty hot stuff, sadly one of the few things in life I have ever been really good at.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
My Spurs tickets would do nicely if i ever get them
I am started to get annoyed with them now
:angry: :angry: :censored: :angry: :angry:

T

Telscombe Seagull

Anyone remember the 'vectrex'?? black and white computer thing with tacky tinted plastic to put over the screen for colour, fantastic!!! oh memories:angel:

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Telscombe Seagull said:
Anyone remember the 'vectrex'?? black and white computer thing with tacky tinted plastic to put over the screen for colour, fantastic!!! oh memories:angel:
I bought one of those for my kids in the mid-80's."minestorm"was the only game I was any good at.Apparently Vectrex machines fetch good money nowadays

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here