Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Christmas Present EVER!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
That's the spirit.

Just empty your sack over your sisters kids and she'll get the point mate.

Haha! Just going to wear my fancy dress Jimmy Savile costume down to xmas dinner and once I've eaten my fill I shall turn to one of her kids and ask them if they'd like to go for a post meal stroll.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think I have ever been given a good Christmas present. Girlfriends have usually given me summat they think I should have, or even worse something they think I SHOULD WANT TO HAVE, rather than what I want and my folks never had a clue. My mother in law at th etime did listen to the fact that I like James Bond books but on Christmas day gave me one by one, every single Bond book, wrapped individually. I can still remember being handed them one by one and the fake smiles getting less and less enthusiastic as the count got into the teens. Where do people get these shit ideas from? I think it was Thunderball that hit her head the hardest.

Blazing Apostle

Jul 30, 2011
Either Airfix WW2 Ruined Building 1/32 scale fully built and painted by my Dad or first Record Player with a drop down arm with copies of Fleetwood Mac Rumours and Kiss Love Gun albums.....

Dusty_Fryer

May 12, 2009
Port Stanley
image.jpg

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
We had no money when I was a young kid. But getting Arnold Plamer's pro-shot golf, and hot wheels track and cars, and shit like that made me and my bruv very happy.

We had no money when I was a young kid. But getting Arnold Plamer's pro-shot golf, and hot wheels track and cars, and shit like that made me and my bruv very happy.

If your family had no money how did you acquire these gifts ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Got a Scalectrix set once actually. I liked that. Was a joint present for 3 of us brothers and I rarely got a look in as I was the runt of the litter and the youngest. I didn't like the joint present thing, I used to like getting my own stuff and disappearing off on my own.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Looked a bit newer than this one, mind ...

subbuteo2.jpg

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
The two that stick out for me are: one of those ghostbusters proton pack things when I was probably 4, and then a megadrive when I was 7.

Come to think of it, they are the only ones I can remember from when I was younger so the rest must've been not that great at all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here