Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Christmas Board Game

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
It's the time of year when families get together and argue over games.

What's your families choice?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Trivial Pursuit is always a winner

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Trivial Pursuit and Pictionary. Both always excellent for a laugh and a good row.

We're over my sisters this year though, and they're going to have a full-sized table tennis table set up in the dining room. That is going to be (a) HUGELY competetive and (b) bloody HILARIO. I'm halfway useful as well, having played quite a bit just on our dining room table, which is about 2/3 of the size of a proper table like this one. So I'm quietly confident :)

Last edited:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Scrabble is a laugh, as it always degenerates into a barney about which words are allowed :lolol:

*smug feeling as I always carry a copy of Official Scrabble Words

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
Don't know if it's still available but there wa a game called "Notability" out around 15 years ago where you had to play tunes on a little toy piano that were on a card and everyone else had to guess what you were playing. Sounds simple but it was a great Christmas game. Used to be really hard to get hold of though.

http://www.toymonger.co.uk/GamePictures/noteability.jpg

Just looked on ebay, there are quite a few of them going for around £15 each so may treat myself to one.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
My family is highly volatile and my girlfriend is a misery guts where games are concerned, the only thing we can all enjoy is Taboo but i'm more of a Trivial Pursuit fan myself

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Monopoly - usually ends up in row when after playing for 4 hours someone misses someone on their property until their next go and it all blows up.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I think Edna posted last Christmas that the law usually have a hot spot of calls around late afternoon on Christmas Day, when the dinner has been eaten and families are bashing the alcohol, and it starts to kick off :)

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Balderdash is always a winner for us.

Cluedo often makes an appearance too, I always remember my grandpa playing it with us when I was a kid, he didn't have a clue (no pun intended) what the rules were and just took a random punt on his first go and got it right!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
As a kid I remember playing cards most of the time. Either getting thrashed at rummy by mum whilst she simultaneously watched tv and did her knitting, or the family would gather round for a game of Newmarket.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I don't think I have ever sat down and played a board game with my family on Christmas day! We just usually play on the latest ganes console and watch tv and films.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here