Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best Chip Shop In Brighton

Taxman

I've got beautiful eyes
Oct 16, 2006
I think we're alone now
I don't think there is a chip shop in Brighton that I haven't tried, they are all delightful with Sing Li's coming out on top..

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Keep meaning to try Jenny's but it's quite a walk down from Fiveways where we have Mo' and the Model. For good old cod and chips the Model takes some beating.

The chippy in the Dip is shit.

Do not even touch Jennys. Unless of course you like under-cooked, over-priced food and are happy to get served by a roedent-like spotty 18 year old chav?

Frydays fish bar is decent. Dunno whether it's the best though.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
bardleys was crap

my old local along upper lewes road was the best ever

they used to give u loads of chips and it was really cheap and delicious

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The chip shop in Southwick Square always produces good quality chips

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Oh, and apart from my number one Sing Li's, an honourable mention for the Seahorse on Blatchington Road and Macs(?) in Patcham.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Is the Athina B still going in Portslade, they served me possibly the best fish and chips I have ever eaten.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
bardleys was crap

my old local along upper lewes road was the best ever

they used to give u loads of chips and it was really cheap and delicious

Couldnt agree more about BARDSLEYS - vastly over-rated and trading on past 'glories'!

Last time I went in their the chips were floppy and greasy and the fish batter wasnt much better!!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...were the staff also floppy and greasy?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
went to bardsleys a couple of weeks ago and it was lovely - best scampi and chips i''ve ever had - one is southwick square is normally quite good

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Jenny's in Preston Drove for me :thumbsup:

Tho I suspect most of us vote for our local chippy.

I mean, we all KNOW, Bardsleys is legendary and all that, but who REALLY goes out their way to visit a chippy? I've been there once in quarter of a century. (Note to self: visit Bardsleys in next quarter of a century, see if it's as good as it was last time)

But I would say that any sit-down chippy in Scotland is THE BEST SIT-DOWN FISH SUPPER THING EVER :thumbsup:

SeagullRic

Jan 13, 2008
brighton
Bardsleys is going downhill a bit, mostly because Mr Bardsley has retired and it is now cooked by his kids. A plus about Bardsleys is that they give you a hot chip wrapped in paper while your waiting!!

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
and the portians in bardsleys were crap too u only got a small portian for a large order of chips and they were soggy and over priced as well

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The two things I remember from me one trip to Bardsleys was a) the portions were quite generous and b) you could have a bottle of wine with yer cod'n'chips.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here