Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best Chip Shop In Brighton

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Bardsleys always gets topped up as THE place. Murder to park round there nowadays though.

How loyal are you to your local or where would you travel to?

Captains Table in Saltdean is my personal favourite but Moby Dicks in Whitehawk comes a close second.

Yours?

Jahooli

Feb 12, 2008
The Codfather has gone to shit.

Haven't been to Codfather for a while but it used to be better than Bardsleys in my opinion.

Do you really mean shit or just not as good as it was?

At the moment Bankers wins but would have been level with Codfather.

Bardsleys was OK verging on good but never excellent and never lived up to the recommendations and as I remember overpriced compared to Codfather.

I would go to Bankers rather than Bardsleys even though I live in Hanover.

That one along Queens Park Road used to be good but I don't know what it's like now.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Haven't been to Codfather for a while but it used to be better than Bardsleys in my opinion.

Do you really mean shit or just not as good as it was?

At the moment Bankers wins but would have been level with Codfather.

Bardsleys was OK verging on good but never excellent and never lived up to the recommendations and as I remember overpriced compared to Codfather.

I would go to Bankers rather than Bardsleys even though I live in Hanover.

That one along Queens Park Road used to be good but I don't know what it's like now.

The Codfather is now half fish and chips and half chinese. It's actually really bad now.

The one along Queens Park Road is okay but too greasy for my liking. I like the Seabreeze on Southover at the moment, though Jenny's on Preston Drove remains my favourite.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Keep meaning to try Bankers. Do they have a take away section or is it eat in only?

Give 'em a go, they're good! Oh, & they have a take away bit too (although parking's a nightmare round there) :thumbsup:

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The Codfather is now half fish and chips and half chinese. It's actually really bad now.

The one along Queens Park Road is okay but too greasy for my liking. I like the Seabreeze on Southover at the moment, though Jenny's on Preston Drove remains my favourite.
Keep meaning to try Jenny's but it's quite a walk down from Fiveways where we have Mo' and the Model. For good old cod and chips the Model takes some beating.

The chippy in the Dip is shit.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Gotta be Bankers, but then I live 3 doors away! Cod Father in Hanover is also good.

My opnion of bankers has gone down in my estimations. Used to rank very highly, but recently have found the chips to be soggy which is a big no no.

I haven't been to Bardsleys or the Codfather. Outside of Brighton, Trawlers in Seaford is top notch and the best fish and chips I have ever had is Norries in Oban!!!!

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Jenny's is still really good, have never liked the model at fiveways, the dip is shit but the cabin at the bottom of holligbury rd near the Hollingbury pub is really good.
Jenny's used to do battered sausage and chips for £1.50 at lunchtime when I was at school.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Half time roach coach at Withdean. Quality and quantity!

:dunce:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Sing lees. you can walk in with £2.20 and walk out with a greasy feast. And you get "salty finger".

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
but Moby Dicks in Whitehawk comes a close second.

Yours?

It has been gone for ages mate.

It's now called Mr. Cod and its f***ing disgusting :( It's one of those pizza/kebab/burger/fisn n chips places. You know the type, they try and do it all and as a result do it all badly.

NEVER EVER purchase a pizza from there EVER. You have been warned!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here