Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best beer you've ever had?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
northstandnorth said:
harveys is great,witchwood beers especially hobgoblin are all fantastic.the RED RIVER ALE from horsham's w.j.king (ex-part of the king and barns stable)brewery takes some beating,almost as good as the late lamented(dont try the hamshire shit masqurading as the greatest ever sussex bitter)king and barnes FESTIVE.

but THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD IS FROM cologne. the local beer is served very cold and very fresh,you leave a glass untouched for 10 mins and the bar staff will take your glass away(regardless of how full it may be)and bring you a new one.THIS IS NOT A CON TRICK TO MAKE TOU BUY MORE they genually think you want a new one. the local brew called KOLSH .pronunced nearer to kulsh is the finest smoothest most satisfying beer in the world.
Can't agree with your views on Kolsch.I lived in Cologne for 2 years and always preferred to drink Bitburger .Now that is a quality beer. :drink:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I have a certain personal bias but, IMHO, the Duisburg-made Koenig Pilsner is one of the only lagers I can drink in vast amounts. Happily no longer owned by Holsten but sadly only rarely available over here, I have, on occasion, puked it out of my nose. It is responsible for some 40% of my not inconsiderable body weight (Harveys and take away food make up the other 60%), plus Koenig sponsor the mighty Zebras of MSV Duisburg. Highly recommended.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just about any beer out of the Upper Canada Brewery is superb.

Same goes for Sleeman.

bottles_group.jpg

Unlike its Southern neighbours-Canada knows how to brew decent beer.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Bitter:

1. Champion
2. Harvey

Lager:

1. Pilsner Urquell (Czech Pills in Prague)
2. Kronenberg

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Bwian said:
Just about any beer out of the Upper Canada Brewery is superb.

Same goes for Sleeman.

bottles_group.jpg

Unlike its Southern neighbours-Canada knows how to brew decent beer.

That Sleemans Creamy Ale is top stuff.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
brightonfan_86 said:
Corona Extra with a Lemon in it. Lovely stuff.

agree but with lime instead of lemon.... nothing better for drinking in heat.....:drunk:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Also try Lech (polish beer) ... better than Staropromen and crappy Pilsner Urqueil. Slovakian Zloty Bezant pretty good too!

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
extra cold guinness,

In Spain a local lager from the that superior brewer of the finest beers Estrella Galicia (surely some mistake). Normal stuff is worse than kestral with a strength of 3%, however this stuff has a black label, 7.2 % has the kick of super lager BUT a taste very similar to Budvar but without the hangover ....... lovely.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Whilst in Bruges recentley, I tried most of the beers on offer in most of the bars:p But the only one I really rememeber was a very moorish draught Cherry Beer.:clap2: Cant remember the name of it though!

Absolutley gorgeous!:drink:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Barnet Seagull said:
If it's a hot day, there's nothing quite as satisfying as a pint of Erdinger.

I bloody love that stuff.
You'll have to introduce me to that stuff one day - if you can be arsed to turn up of course. :glare: :D

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
The Wookie, was it called Kriek, my memory of Belgian Beers is now somewhat hazy and I can't say I ever tried any of the Cherry flavoured ones.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here