Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

best away day and why

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
and of course we shouldn't forget the joyousness of Cardiff 2004.

Which for me sealed the re-birth of the club

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think I actually enjoyed some of the games when we were really, really shit more in a way. Awaydays to places like Darlington in the bottom division to see us get thrashed in the pissing rain with about 200 other people were sometimes brilliant. Anyone else think that or is that just me being weird?

No, not weird at all. Even now, I still love a good midweek away game, preferably somewhere that requires an epic journey. There's something about meeting up with all the other like-minded individuals, a bunch of people committed/plain stupid enough to venture 200 miles on a Tuesday night to watch a mediocre team at a horrible ground. Plymouth away was one of the most enjoyable trips I did last season (shame I can't say the same for Hartlepool). Bristol Rovers away was also great, despite the rubbish terrace and the pissing rain.

For some bizarre reason, an away match at Rushden & Diamonds also sticks in my mind as being a great trip.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Exeter a few years ago, can't remember the year, pretty sure that Kurt Nogan scored for us and it was Paul Dickov's first game on loan. It was just a top day out, plenty of decent food, beer and friendly locals...have met loads of Exeter fans since then and haven't managed to find a bad one among them!

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
26th Feb 2000. Chester 1, Brighton 7 (Zamora 19, 21, 54 pen, McPherson 49, Brooker 53, Freeman 67, Rogers 89).

This one was so unexpectedly good, it was just a laugh from start to finish. Zamora scored his first hat-trick and the team that turned into the title winners the following year was just beginning to take shape around this time.

Attended plenty of other great games to win promotion, reach play-offs, avoid relegation and some cracking derby matches, but this one is right up there for me. Only around 400 Brighton fans there that day I think, so we were blessed!

bobby smith

Jan 20, 2011
WORTHING
Exeter a few years ago, can't remember the year, pretty sure that Kurt Nogan scored for us and it was Paul Dickov's first game on loan. It was just a top day out, plenty of decent food, beer and friendly locals...have met loads of Exeter fans since then and haven't managed to find a bad one among them!

My son was the mascot that day, and he chipped Nicky Rust in the warm up, and all the Alb fans cheered him and sang "sign him up" it was his birthday as well, That big lump Andy sick note Kennedy teed him up oh happy days

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
for me the game(unless its THAT good or that bad) is pretty insignificant and its all about the journey,before game,possible night out and everything else that goes with an away game. For that reason i would probably say Palace,Swindon and Bournemouth in the last few years!

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I'm looking forward to an away in Lancs. or Yorkshire in August or September, as some mates are going for a jolly in Blackpool around then, and I can kill two birds with one stone. Come on nice Mr. Fixture Compooooooter :thumbsup:

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Loads and loads but the one that I'll always remember was Liverpool away in the Cup in 83. A 2-1 win against a side that was one of the best in Europe. The next day the Daily Mirror back page headline was: "The Seagulls have landed". I've been to about 50 odd grounds over the last 30 or so years but the one I like is Ipswich, really don't know why but am looking forward to going back to Portman Rd next season.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Newcastle 79- 1st away day for me and promotion
Highbury 83- what a day. Why were we the underdogs on that day?
Wembley 83- 1st day at the home of football for me
millenium v's Brizzle. Still don't think we deserved to win on the day imo but hey ho
Port Vale- great day out and a title
Grimsby- a relegation confirmed day but we all knew that anyway. Funny as f*** banter with the fat bastard
Brentford this season- The EB song that went on forever it seemed, and Gods (Gus) celebration walking off the pitch at the end of the game. Brilliant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here