Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best away atmosphere

Yoda

English & European
Orient last season. Prior to that I will always remember Ipswich, Sunderland in the Championship first time around and Peterborough when we all but sealed the title.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Last season: Forest was tops.

Most memorable ever: Proabably Anfield '83 in the Cup.

Most celebrated 'I can't believe it' goal: Hereford 97 and Spurs 81(? 1-0 Mike Robinson)

PG

Anfield 83 was my best ;which was probably only bettered at Newcastle 79 which i didnt attend.
I was at the 0-1 (1981 Robinson) which was brilliant!
In more recent times i think the best was at Spurs again (2004 fa cup)

Enjoyed Walsall; partly the result and partly OGH's goalkeeping display during half-time - very odd stadium though?
Orient was great fun; remember Doncaster being grim although I was slightly pissed throughout. Southend had its moments crowdwise and "lap dancers", unfortunately we weren't competitive on the pitch that evening so disappointing overall.
Newcastle in May 1979 is still my best ever.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Anfield 83 was my best ;which was probably only bettered at Newcastle 79 which i didnt attend.
I was at the 0-1 (1981 Robinson) which was brilliant!
In more recent times i think the best was at Spurs again (2004 fa cup)

I think Anfield was better than Newcastle as we had no roof there. The scenes at the end were memorable though as we stormed the pitch in front of the main stand. I remember standing on top of a big concrete crash barrier hailing the heroes in the Director#'s Box (as was the '70s style). And on my 16th birthday too.
PG

Jan 30, 2008
I think Anfield was better than Newcastle as we had no roof there. The scenes at the end were memorable though as we stormed the pitch in front of the main stand. I remember standing on top of a big concrete crash barrier hailing the heroes in the Director#'s Box (as was the '70s style). And on my 16th birthday too.
PG
do you remember some geordies steaming into the away end that day

Manthorpee

I'm Not Jake
Jul 22, 2008
London
definently when we beat the scum at selhurst park best game ever...and really tense atmosphere..

1-0 (Paul McShane 79')!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robbie c

Jan 30, 2008
Leighton buzzard
best away atmosphere

for me twas Swindon, mid December totally dominant and crowd hemmed in to the end of the covered stand; I came away thinking on that performance we would go up only to be let down for the next 6 weeks where we lost the paly off place if not more

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
How can you say that, you didn't even go :laugh:

OWNED by your own son :p

Whatever , my post was only telling people what you had told me as the thread is about the best away atmosphere last season. Due to work commitments I only got to Donny and Oldham.:cry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here