Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Withdean

Votes: 9 5.6%
  • Other part of Brighton & Hove

Votes: 13 8.0%

• Total voters

D

Deleted User X18H

:ohmy: Fiveways has got to be one of the most desirable locales in Brighton and Hove and as such can't be that affordable I wouldn't have thought.
Oh yeah The Stabber is extremely desirable!!!!

Exactly where do you live to consider that Fiveways is desirable? Pleasant enough but desirable????:lolol:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
:ohmy: Fiveways has got to be one of the most desirable locales in Brighton and Hove and as such can't be that affordable I wouldn't have thought.

I looked at living in 5Ways a few years back but decided there's absolutely FUCKALL going on there !!!

D

Deleted User X18H

I looked at living in 5Ways a few years back but decided there's absolutely FUCKALL going on there !!!
To be fair some parts are ok but the bit by the Stabber and the Co-op (you know that area Virgo frequents!!!) Is a bit nasty and sadly drags the whole area down a bit!!

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
When I was younger I liked living near the centre of Brighton, but now that I am in my dotage (57) I find the peace and quiet of Saltdean most acceptable. All it lacks is a decent pub, but Rottingdean has some decent boozers and is only a few minutes walk away.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Id say that sod all this Brighton and Hove stuff, SHOREHAM is the place to live!

Cheaper then B&H and only 10/20mins on the train! Good busses to Brighton and Hove aswell.

You could buy a nice pad on Shoreham Beach for th same price as a house in Brighton and its BBQ's and beach parties all the way in the Summer!

D

Deleted User X18H

Id say that sod all this Brighton and Hove stuff, SHOREHAM is the place to live!

Cheaper then B&H and only 10/20mins on the train! Good busses to Brighton and Hove aswell.

You could buy a nice pad on Shoreham Beach for th same price as a house in Brighton and its BBQ's and beach parties all the way in the Summer!
Shoreham that's the place people who can't afford to live in Southwick live and Southwick is the place people who can't afford to live in Brighton and Hove live. (not my view but TG's)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Church Road is Bollocks. Portslade no one ever goes there twice. :lolol:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
You forgot the extended area of Preston Village so I voted Preston Park!

Preston Village gets my vote...the non-extended bit...sick of these bloody outsiders who don't actually live on North, Middle or South Rd pretending to live in the Village

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Preston Village gets my vote...the non-extended bit...sick of these bloody outsiders who don't actually live on North, Middle or South Rd pretending to live in the Village

spot on :thumbsup:

D

Deleted User X18H

I only declared that as really I live on The Central Brighton and Hove Border but some on here think that pretentious.

I mean really!!!!! Pretentious moi!!!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Coldean for me. I absolutely love it here.

It's quiet in the evenings, you can actually see the stars at night, from my back garden I can see the Downs, from the front I can see the Great Wood. I've got snakes, slow worms, frogs in my garden and countless birds. The people are friendly, it's walking distance to a great, little school and within 20 minutes you're out in the country. If the Hikers sold decent beer, it would be perfect.

Well said. I was born in Coldean. Home ios where the heart is.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Well said. I was born in Coldean. Home ios where the heart is.

I couldn't live in Coldean. Nothing to do there, is there?

Like 2 shops, 1 school, and obviously a pub...

Hollingburyshire la la la

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
All it lacks is a decent pub, but Rottingdean has some decent boozers and is only a few minutes walk away.

Oi!

rottingdean boozers are class though I agree.

In order of decentness

Coach - good laugh but no swearing or Dot will kill you
Plough - always my rottingdean pub of choice
Queen Vic - Jim Farr always runs a decent boozer
Black Horse - boring but does a nice pint of harveys
White Horse - f***ing borderline wetherspoons but handy for ice creams and the number 2 bus

Also an honourable mention for the rottingdean club.

Hanover all the way, it can be messy with some of the shared houses leaving their rubbish out much too early for collection and the parking can be a nightmare, but it has the pubs, is close to the city centre and above all has a really good community spirit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here