Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Album Ever?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It has to be Rattus Norvegicus by The Stranglers surely.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
I would have to list my best five, because the actual favourite changes constantlywith mood

Blonde on Blonde Bob Dylan
The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars David Bowie
Who's Next The Who
Blood on the Tracks Bob Dylan
Born to Run Bruce Springsteen

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
To those on this thread who have chosen not to browse through NME's Top 20 Albums of all time (or similar list) I tip my hat. To the rest of you - 'Stone Roses, Stone Roses' 'Blonde on Blonde' 'Dark Side of the Moon' 'Pet Sounds' 'Never Mind the Bollocks' 'What's Going On?' 'The Wall' 'Live at Leeds' I despair. Don't get me wrong there are some good albums there and I'm a massive Floyd/Who fan but where's your frickin imagination?
:yawn:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
It takes a nation of millions... - Public Enemy

Enter the 36 Chambers - Wu Tang Clan

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Cheeky Monkey said:
To those on this thread who have chosen not to browse through NME's Top 20 Albums of all time (or similar list) I tip my hat. To the rest of you - 'Stone Roses, Stone Roses' 'Blonde on Blonde' 'Dark Side of the Moon' 'Pet Sounds' 'Never Mind the Bollocks' 'What's Going On?' 'The Wall' 'Live at Leeds' I despair. Don't get me wrong there are some good albums there and I'm a massive Floyd/Who fan but where's your frickin imagination?
:yawn:

No imagination is required, if you have a favorite album it doesn't matter if it is in a lis tor not thats you favorite album. Why should it be a competition to come up with an original title. The reason it is in the list of greatest album is because its a great album. Why is liking one of these albums a problem.

Pratt

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Regardless of what the other guy said:
Pink Floyd: Dark Side
"The Best Album of all time"

Stumpy Tim

tinx said:
No imagination is required, if you have a favorite album it doesn't matter if it is in a lis tor not thats you favorite album. Why should it be a competition to come up with an original title. The reason it is in the list of greatest album is because its a great album. Why is liking one of these albums a problem.

Pratt

Agreed. Just because my favourite album of all time is also liked my loads of other people doesn't mean it's wrong. I'm not trying to think of an album no one has heard of - I'm trying to think of my favourite album.

My favourite film is Don't Look Now, but I don't think it's crap to say your favourite film is more mainstream like Schindlers List or Starwars - it's all about opinions.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
tinx said:
Nice argument, well made point

Bastard.

How is everyone deciding what the 'Best Album of all time' is? Are you going by how it makes you feel or are you going along the lines of song writing and stuff?

Personally mine changes all the time, music is about how you feel while listening to it and this can change in an instant.

Run Come Save Me is no longer the 'best album ever'. At this moment I would say it is Original Pirate Material.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Could well be Nation of Millions.
Also loved Wowie Zowie by Pavement, Dongs of Sevotion by (smog) and Field Studies by Quasi.
SPecial mention to Radiohead for framing my late teens and early 20s with a miserable intensity.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Big wheel - keeps on turning. On a simple line, day by day.
The Earth spins, on its axis - one man struggles, while another relaxes.......

I'm still awed by Quadrophenia by The WHO

I'd love to mention some unfashionable band just to be hip and all that, but Quad is just too powerful, evocative and musically and lyrically beautiful.

Ok, for ten great LPs and less fashionable/popular bands;
The DAMNED 'Phantasmagoria'
close 2nd; SUPERGRASS 'In It For The Money'.
3rd; WIRE '154'
4th; The GODS 'To Samuel A Son'
5th; The ZOMBIES 'Odessey And Oracle'
6th; The END 'Introspection'
7th; ART 'Supernatural Fairy Tales'
8th; SIMPLE MINDS 'New Gold Dream'
9th; The SHAPE OF THE RAIN self titled
10th; WISHBONE ASH 'Pilgrimage'

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here